[Event] Die Burger MTB Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

The 60km route was fantastic today

The winner in the 60 km averaged a whopping 60 kmph . 

1 Heinrich Gorgens D1034 VM M 42 D 104 5200559EAD 2015-08-02 10:08:23 2015-08-02 09:05:00 01:03:23

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know about all those complaints but the only thing that wasn't great on the 75k was the feeling in my legs too far from the finish!

Great route, good fun, will be back :)

Haha sounds like the Western Cape needs to join the Gauties and use http://www.saseeding.co.za/for timing and ditch trail tag

Hey, hey, hey slow down. WC has racetec.co.za, half the bikes that I saw yesterday had the chip on anyway.

If they had used them it  would have picked up that I started two groups back and not added 20 minutes to my time. Also tagging in is a joke.

Also you cannot just click on your name and see your previous results.

The admin related to the whole process is a joke, having to sign an indemnity form and then take a signed piece of paper to collect another persons number.

The admin and organization behind the road PPA races seem amazing now compared to this. 

I entered the one tonner yesterday, took 2 minutes, I know I will have the correct seeding and that I wont get hi jacked on the ride.

Rant off, time for the week :D

The winner in the 60 km averaged a whopping 60 kmph . 

1 Heinrich Gorgens D1034 VM M 42 D 104 5200559EAD 2015-08-02 10:08:23 2015-08-02 09:05:00 01:03:23

You don't need to name and shame yet, bet you this person entered the 60 and ended up doing a shorter route due to whatever reason. Racetec / Dirtopia takes their sweet time to fix these issues.

Did the 60km. Fantastic route and very tough challenge! Had no queues or unskilled riders around me! Singletrack was fantastic! 

Well done guys, the route is fantastic! Love the Simonsberg, Muratie, Delheim bit of the route! Absolute MTB heaven!

You don't need to name and shame yet, bet you this person entered the 60 and ended up doing a shorter route due to whatever reason. Racetec / Dirtopia takes their sweet time to fix these issues.

Will take racetec years to fix this issue as trail tag timed the event and racetec were not involved at all :clap: :clap:

Found the 60km race tough, tougher than last year. I forgot my legs at home. :whistling:  :blush:

The route was interesting, not too much mud (only the one area through the bog, just after the 3rd water point, I rode into a hole so deep, my bike was in the mud to above the cranks)

Singletrack was nice, only waited for a few minutes at the bottleneck at the Heslhoogte crossing. (hey Mr Tandem with the SPCA kit on, what makes you so special that you think everybody who is waiting patiently to go through, must make space for you to come to the front!? :cursing:  :thumbdown: )

Rest of the singletrack was flowing nicely, a bit slow at times, but it gave my aching legs time to recover a bit.

Saw a bit of littering, gel and energy bar wrappers discarded next to the trail. NOT ON, GUYS!!!!!  Did stop to pick up a few.

Timing is a mess, but my time is so slow, who gives a damn? :whistling:

Hey, hey, hey slow down. WC has racetec.co.za, half the bikes that I saw yesterday had the chip on anyway.

If they had used them it  would have picked up that I started two groups back and not added 20 minutes to my time. Also tagging in is a joke.

Also you cannot just click on your name and see your previous results.

The admin related to the whole process is a joke, having to sign an indemnity form and then take a signed piece of paper to collect another persons number.

The admin and organization behind the road PPA races seem amazing now compared to this. 

I entered the one tonner yesterday, took 2 minutes, I know I will have the correct seeding and that I wont get hi jacked on the ride.

Rant off, time for the week :D

The irony is that Die Burger MTB used the racetec chip & entry system in the past. Then somewhere along the line decided they can do it better on their own....

I had a big rant about this few years back, but since have accepted that this is a mass participation funride which will always have bad seeding and you should just take your sense of humour along unless your in Group A.

We actually also already have the saseeding system here as well for some mtb races, not exclusive to the vaalies. SAseeding improved a lot in the past few years, no need for Dirtopia to still use this stupid tag system

My (Garmin & Strava) time does not compare to the trailtag timing as well. It looks like the first 7 guys on the 60km list all took the 42km route though.

Started in batch E last year which was a total mess due to bottlenecks and waiting for ages on the ST. This year started in B and it was amazing (even though I'm still sick but also FOMO). I did improve 50min on my time from last year. Next year cracking the 3hours as I "just" missed it this year.

Will take racetec years to fix this issue as trail tag timed the event and racetec were not involved at all :clap: :clap:

That is why I said Racetec / Dirtopia.....both of those (Dirtopia owning Trailtag) will take forever to fix it. I did not know who did the timing but knew for sure that it would be one of those two and both as slow when it comes to fixes.

I KNOW THIS RIDER VERY WELL. BELIEVE ME HE IS AS HONEST AS THEY COME. A TRUE GENTLEMAN. I PASSED HIM UP THE BACK OF PAPPAGAAI AND HE WAS STANDING WITH CRAMPS. HE DID NOT DO IT IN THAT TIME. THERE MUST BE A GLITCH IN THE SYSTEM.  DONT TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM HIM, HE IS A MONSTER ON A BIKE.  

That is why I said Racetec / Dirtopia.....both of those (Dirtopia owning Trailtag) will take forever to fix it. I did not know who did the timing but knew for sure that it would be one of those two and both as slow when it comes to fixes.

THEY MUST HAVE TAGES ON THE VARIOUS ROUTES TO ENSURE THAT THE 60KM OAKES DONT CUT THROUGH THE 42KM AND GET BETTER TIMES. THIS HAPPEND ON THE 50/30KM ROUTES. WHY WAS THERE NO TAG SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF HELSHOOGTE. THE 42KM OAKES WAITED ABOUT 20MIN TO CROSS OVER. JUST A THOUGHT, IT WORKED WELL LAST TIME THAT THEY HAD IT UP THERE. JUST MY 2c WORTH. OTHERWISE THE EVENT WAS AWESOME. HOPE THOSE THAT GOT HURT WILL RECOVER SOON.  

Archived