[Event] Die Burger MTB Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

Is it only me or is the online registration for the 75km not working?

Never mind I'm in...  :ph34r:

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I checked out the 42km, and I am whimping out of that one.  Maybe let my boy do it.  

Almost 1200m of climbing over 42km will kill me.  :blush:   So I will join the crowds on the 50km.  :ph34r:

OK, I checked out the 42km, and I am whimping out of that one.  Maybe let my boy do it.  

Almost 1200m of climbing over 42km will kill me.  :blush:   So I will join the crowds on the 50km.  :ph34r:

Wimp. 

It isn't that much climbing :) it's just over 900m

??? Says 1200m+ on website

Ja, I know, but is isn't that much. It has been like that since the year dot on this particular site - I didn't do the 60 for ages until I realised it wasn't so bad. Done 3 or 4 42km and 2 60km and I am certain it is about 920m for the 42 and 1300m for the 60.

But the hills up Botmas Kop and further up the 60km are tough!

• 3 weeks later...

Is the event on the 1st or 2nd August? This page says the 1st the website says the 2nd?

Is the event on the 1st or 2nd August? This page says the 1st the website says the 2nd?

It's always been held on the Saturday. Last year it was on 2 August.

This year it is in the Sunday. This was to accommodate the closing of Dorp Street to the new finish venue (Van der Stel sport fields.)

Argh, I missed the cut-off! I'm told that the only way I can now enter is by way of substitution. If anyone is thus unable to ride, you'll have a willing buyer....thanks!

Argh, I missed the cut-off! I'm told that the only way I can now enter is by way of substitution. If anyone is thus unable to ride, you'll have a willing buyer....thanks!

you can buy mine - PM me if interested

On cortizone for a sinus infection. Doc recons I should be fine for sunday. But I wonder if I should scale down from the 42km to the 50km easy ride

Archived