When should you help out a fellow rider?

NixM

Jeez besides the odd puncture or cut how many problems do some guys have out on a ride?? Service the bike properly beforehand. 

If I know the person I'll stop, if not and its not a medical emergency then see you later. 

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez besides the odd puncture or cut how many problems do some guys have out on a ride?? Service the bike properly beforehand. 

If I know the person or its an aunty I'll stop, if not and its not a medical emergency then see you later. 

ahhh therein lies the problem oom...they think its an appliance

PS fixed, the my sentiment is the same as yours

Its not the blerrie seals where we don't leave a man behind

Is it not amazing how any discussion or point of difference will devolve so that a fight ensues and people dig themselves in and start mud slinging.

Then all of us feel righteous and criticised and get on our high horses and leave....

This is a very interesting thread to expose that tendency.

Guy asks when he should help.

Some say help and be happy with it.

Others come out and bemoan how the fabric of our society is being shredded by the do nothings that refuse to help themselves.

Is it just me or isnt it blindingly obvious that the world today really doesn't give a sh*t and that everything about thisdebate is evidence of the fact that most of the people out there have forgotten what it means to be human.

And to help one another.

Look up Ubuntu in wikipedia. A concept that was born here.

WE are all in this lifeboat together guys

Is it not amazing how any discussion or point of difference will devolve so that a fight ensues and people dig themselves in and start mud slinging.

Then all of us feel righteous and criticised and get on our high horses and leave....

Others come out and bemoan how the fabric of our society is being shredded by the do nothings that refuse to help themselves.

Is it just me or isnt it blindingly obvious that the world today really doesn't give a sh*t and that everything about thisdebate is evidence of the fact that most of the people out there have forgotten what it means to be human.

And to help one another.

WE are all in this lifeboat together guys[/quote

Well said. I agree with your sentiment 100%.

And to help one another.

WE are all in this lifeboat together guys

The offer to contribute to the fix fund is open to you as well. I give my time, you give the geld? Once a month we can sit around and sing we are the world.

Talk is cheap

Seems like the more expensive the bike the less likely the rider is to have any spares. This is based on my own non-scientific research using random samples. 

This subject is one of many classic hub threads that like a soap opera character gets killed off and then resurrected back to life a few months later.......like the days of our lives.  Nothing is ever concluded or resolved :w00t:

Tommorow...the fifty sixth episode of "Dogs on the Spruit" :ph34r:

Wow, just wow. You are a better person than me...being so blase about geld and the need to help others that most of the time won't give you the time of day nevermind make sure they refund / replace what you used to get them rolling again. Well done, me, I am over it.

Since money has no meaning to you and all that, I am sure you won't mind if we setup a debit order to my account each month from you...I ride the spruit almost every sunday and encounter numerous people with punctures and mechs, our outride on saturday also yields a person on the side of the road...nevermind races where its all over. It will work out in the region of about 500-700 rand, but it won't matter since its a good deed being done. My commitment is to stop everytime someone has an issue, donating my time you know...you just need to sponser it.

I will go sofar as to take pictures of the help I offered for you to see the "look on their faces" since that is what it is about for you...that is if they don't jump on the bike and start riding straight after I fix their issue.

Time to put your money where your mouth is...otherwise, you and that karma aunty can stable your high horses...

You have a deal, how about you match it and you and I pay the said amount into the 'help a spruit rat' kitty. I will even make an appearance and do some of the repairs myself wich will include a mobile tig welding unit that can handle ac/dc so that even the guys and gals with titanium can be helped.

No no no, it's my spares all I want is to be in the same position I was before. I already give my tiende and support the randburg spca, so I sleep well at night.

You pay for the spares and the logistics involved for what I used and I stop and give my time...that is the deal

Yes

This subject is one of many classic hub threads that like a soap opera character gets killed off and then resurrected back to life a few months later.......like the days of our lives.  Nothing is ever concluded or resolved :w00t:

Tommorow...the fifty sixth episode of "Dogs on the Spruit" :ph34r:

Hell I would even give my bike to Blondie and take the sweeper back  :rolleyes:

You have a deal, how about you match it and you and I pay the said amount into the 'help a spruit rat' kitty. I will even make an appearance and do some of the repairs myself wich will include a mobile tig welding unit that can handle ac/dc so that even the guys and gals with titanium can be helped.

I agree - lets do something guys. Lets make is positive rather than just moer mekaar.

Clearly there is a need for some people to carry spares and help. So some ideas:

How do you get a guy who doesn't mind riding the spruit/fill in the bank trail here with extra spares a kit of spares so he can help some okes who cant or wont or dont.

Something along those lines.

Guys its not about money. A chain link costs R15 but can mean a lot to an oke on a race.

So I am not the genius with ideas about how to do this but more than willing to give someone who wants to have them a lot of spares that i have which are doing nothing.

Its really not about the money guys.

Hell I would even give my bike to Blondie and take the sweeper back  :rolleyes:

I've seen  photo of your bike. :ph34r:  No offence, but no thanks :w00t:

I've seen  photo of your bike. :ph34r:  No offence, but no thanks :w00t:

http://replygif.net/i/1435.gif

I agree - lets do something guys. Lets make is positive rather than just moer mekaar.

Clearly there is a need for some people to carry spares and help. So some ideas:

How do you get a guy who doesn't mind riding the spruit/fill in the bank trail here with extra spares a kit of spares so he can help some okes who cant or wont or dont.

Something along those lines.

Guys its not about money. A chain link costs R15 but can mean a lot to an oke on a race.

So I am not the genius with ideas about how to do this but more than willing to give someone who wants to have them a lot of spares that i have which are doing nothing.

Its really not about the money guys.

It's most definitely about the money, go to cwc and see what a tjoob costs, gator patch, stans, valves, bombs...oh and of course the courier to get it to you. Punctures can quickly turn into an expensive exercise

It's most definitely about the money, go to cwc and see what a tjoob costs, gator patch, stans, valves, bombs...oh and of course the courier to get it to you. Punctures can quickly turn into an expensive exercise

Fokit Rouxtjie, hou nou op huil man.

Jy klink al soos n Roadie

Archived