Cederberg 100 Miler

milky4130

post-3951-0-08242700-1432638766_thumb.jpg

The Cederberg 100 Miler is the ultimate endurance mountain bike event. The inaugural race takes place on 12 September 2015, starting at Clanwilliam and finishing at Kaleo Manor in the Bokkeveld. 

Total distance - 162km
Total ascent - 3022m

ENTER HERE: http://www.entrytickets.co.za/eventview/cederberg

Route map and profile:

Total distance - 162km
Total ascent - 3022m

Water points as indicated on the map:
Algeria 30km
Kromrivier 65km
Mount Ceder 89.5km
Morestêr 124km

post-3951-0-18015400-1432638810_thumb.jpg

post-3951-0-98990500-1432638829_thumb.jpg

Entries open!! 

ENTER HERE: http://www.entrytickets.co.za/eventview/cederberg

Solo entries only - R850

Route:

Clanwilliam Show Grounds to Kaleo Manor in the Koue Bokkeveld

Entries include the following:

- Goodie bag

- Branded T-shirt

- Free supper (and after-party!) at finish at Kaleo  Manor 

- Feeding stations

- Finishers medal

Start time: 6h30 (Clanwilliam Show Grounds)

Cut-off:      20h00 (Kaleo Manor) 

Accommodation:

Before the race:

Accommodation arrangements to be made directly with Clanwilliam Tourism.

After the race:

Accommodation at Kaleo Manor to be booked directly with them. Camping will also be available at Kaleo Manor on Saturday night and this can also be arranged with them.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I searched but didn't find this event listed. After Amarider 100Miler i'm keen for some more pain. This event looks like the absolute gem (distance & climbing)...but logistics seems like a Nightmare.

Also lets use this thread to share tips about the routes & climbs etc.

So who else is keen that would like to car pool & share petrol costs, I have a Toyota Verso (7 seater) with a 3 bike rack & we need a driver.

Race is from Clanwilliam to Kaleo in Koue bokkevelde (same finish venue as Tankwa Trek).

While we are cycling the car needs to be driven from Start to finish which was be nothing less than 120km's & might even be off road as well but the road is apparently very good.

So I searched but didn't find this event listed. After Amarider 100Miler i'm keen for some more pain. This event looks like the absolute gem (distance & climbing)...but logistics seems like a Nightmare.Also lets use this thread to share tips about the routes & climbs etc.  So who else is keen that would like to car pool & share petrol costs, I have a Toyota Verso (7 seater) with a 3 bike rack & we need a driver.Race is from Clanwilliam to Kaleo in Koue bokkevelde (same finish venue as Tankwa Trek).While we are cycling the car needs to be driven from Start to finish which was be nothing less than 120km's & might even be off road as well but the road is apparently very good.

I won't be doing it, but since I am now qualified, I can give tips... Haha. Good luck, Milky, that looks insane!

Thanks for the info Milky, looks like a nice race.

Just curious about the timing (although September is a great time of the year to cycle there) - one week after the Tip Trans Xperience which is a quarter of the price and easier logistics - seems these 2 races will now compete for roughly the same crowd as it is not really practical to do both. 

I don't understand why it's costing more than double then Dirtopia's 100 miler? and it's a moerse drive... I'm voting with my wallet and saying no thx.

Thanks for the info Milky, looks like a nice race.

Just curious about the timing (although September is a great time of the year to cycle there) - one week after the Tip Trans Xperience which is a quarter of the price and easier logistics - seems these 2 races will now compete for roughly the same crowd as it is not really practical to do both. 

hence me looking for fellow participants to join to make the cost less. Already entered for k2c & was thinking of throwing in Tip Trans as well, but yeah one will have to make way for the other.

I will be doing both this 1 and tip trans. Reckon I will make a wknd of this 1 though. Will be the next 2 races I will work up to. Nice 2 month block after Darling and possibly Wacky wine race next week

3 big climbs and then 60km undulating road. I am seeing the one or other succumbing to a proper bonk before reaching the last stretch ;)

Baviaans, Tip Trans, K2C. Hell and Back and DC, No money in the budget left for this one. :devil:  :eek:  :oops:

Those climbs look incredible. I might be keen but will decide closer to the event. The entry seems a little on the high side.

Baviaans, Tip Trans, K2C. Hell and Back and DC, No money in the budget left for this one. :devil:  :eek:  :oops:

This event is before K2c, THB & DC  :whistling:

Archived