Cycling No Nos!

Patchelicious

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another big no-no: discarding wrappers anywhere but especially on trails.

AMEN to that!

I find it disgusting to see our roads in Joburg after the 94.7 - GU wrappers EVERYWHERE

Guest notmyname

AMEN to that!

I find it disgusting to see our roads in Joburg after the 94.7 - GU wrappers EVERYWHERE

But they are just creating jobs for South Africans......

agreed. if you are that bad at off-road technicalities, a race is hardly the place to now practice and hope to get better. practice at home. do the race when you dont have to stop and cause a 7 rider pile up.

You two should go out for coffee together.

Could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

• 4 weeks later...

Full Lycra gear to a spinning class.....

Don't tell me, you wear those thin give away event t shirts that absorb your sweat and hang to your knees, instead of a lycra, technical top?

amateur...

Go in TT helmet and clip on aerobars....then my friend you are rocking the spinning class

There was someone in the spinning class with leg warmers and arm warmers on. Almost offered to fetch the buff, gillet and long finger gloves from the car for them.

My biggest gripe is when a mtb'er rides on the tar when there is more than enough dirt next to the road.

And then they dare to laugh at you when they come past. These are predominantly mamils and their femils that are geared to their teeth with the latest, but they s#it scared to be riding on dirt

My 2 cents on this, the laughing part I agree is ridiculous, however, there are a lot of very 'able' mountain bike riders that train on the road on their MTB's, tempo riding, leg speed and more controlled intervals etc, doesn't necessarily mean they s#it scared to be riding on dirt.

My 2 cents on this, the laughing part I agree is ridiculous, however, there are a lot of very 'able' mountain bike riders that train on the road on their MTB's, tempo riding, leg speed and more controlled intervals etc, doesn't necessarily mean they s#it scared to be riding on dirt.

I am aware of intervals, tempo riding etc. I prefer to do these riding on dirt. That is what my mtb is meant for...

I do the majority of my training on my MTB, on the tar. More rolling resistance, less aerodynamics, and less speed to hold higher power numbers at, therefore a shorter distance to travel to get the same work done, plus no terrain to negotiate so power can be managed more easily.

The only laughing I'll do is when you're shocked that as soon as I hit technical, rocky, difficult terrain, I disappear into the distance.

Coz I'm fast, way faster than you.

And you, and you, and you , and you too...