Sani2c 2016

Squier

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Installed very easily onto Edge 810 using Easybike GPS programme.

Elevation looks very suspect though....

Installed very easily onto Edge 810 using Easybike GPS programme.

Elevation looks very suspect though....

If you don wanna.. I am very keen.. #justsaying.

For those of you having issues with your elevation, I also installed via the Windows app which gave me strange elevation readings.  I then deleted the files from my Courses folder and copied the FIT files manually into the folder and that seems to sort out the problem for me.

Hi Madbradd

On your GPS click the X and Y Axis to either change the elevation or distance.

You will find that you can zoom in and out and the elevation will then appear.

If that doesnt work let us know and we will be more than happy to assist.

Regards

EasyBike

Cool thanks. Should be able to try all this tomorrow or Sunday :) If I have any issues I'll pop past your stand on Monday. Thanks for the help and the great service.

is the ascent is out of sorts? Says total ascent of 2500m on day two? And combining the three days garmin shows me an extra 2000m of climbing?

Thanks guys,

Copied it via your app - Edge 520 - and all seems good. When looking at the elevation profile though it sort of only shows a line...

I have not used the Courses function before, what is the best recommended 'settings' or stuff I should look out for to select? Enable Course Direction and Off-course notifications? Both?

is the ascent is out of sorts? Says total ascent of 2500m on day two? And combining the three days garmin shows me an extra 2000m of climbing?

I used .FIT for the above. 

I tried the .gpx files and it say ascent of 1500m not sure why the FIT file is so different for all three days

Day 1 is wrong too. Says 83km.

I have it on firm authority of my partner that it is is 45km and all downhill.

Let's hope

Stop worrying about elevation now, its too late. Come and enjoy the ride. Days 1 & 3 is mostly downhill and day 2 has one hill out of the valley.  :clap:

Hi Hubbers

We have fixed the problem some users were experiencing with regards to the elevation.

It all seems to be back to normal again and dont worry the Hill on Day 2 is still there and we have not been able to smooth that out for you.

If you are experiencing any further problems let us know but uploading to your GPS using the EasyBike Program is going to be the quickest and easiest.

If your elevation on your GPS is slightly out dont worry about it too much it is just a guide and at the race briefing each night you will be told about how much climbing there will be the following day.

Also remember that most of the Cycling GPS units do not have a barometric altimeter so the elevation is always going to be slight out on these units.

If all else fails we will be at registration assisting riders who require assistance.

Regards
EasyBike