Sani2c 2016

Squier

If anybody's still looking for accommodation on the Tues night before the start of the Adventure let me know. I have also posted in the Classifieds.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hubbers / Sani2C 2016 Riders

We are busy with the 2016 Sani2C Courses at the moment and they should be available next week Monday / Tuesday. We have also been working hard on a New program (Windows users at this stage) where you will simply plug your GPS into your computer, run the program and it will install the correct files in the correct place.

If you have a more complicated GPS that requires using the manufacturer's website we will direct you to a set of instructions on our website that will assist you with the installation.

The Sani2C race is a GPS race and there will be less marking than previous years and marking only where there has been a change in the route, so in order to make sure you are on the correct track you will require a GPS as there have been a number of changes to the route and if you simply follow the rider in front of you they also might be off course and going the wrong way.

If anyone need assistance with your GPS or you are looking to buy a GPS send us an email at sales@easybike.co.za we have some great specials available for all Sani2C riders.

We are the official GPS Retailers for the event and will be providing backup and assistance at the event.

Drop us an email and we will be more than happy to assist you. We are currently mapping the way for the Joberg2C and we will reply to all emails as soon as possible.

Regards
EasyBike
sales@easybike.co.za

I'm still waiting for the " It's an emergency and I need a partner" phonecall

#justsaying......

Reading that kinda makes me want to say "me too"... 

Cannot believe how many entries are up for sale this year, seems more than in previous years. 

normally they seem to go quite quickly...signs of our ailing economy?

too much negativity after last year's corporate-ness of the events?

normally they seem to go quite quickly...signs of our ailing economy?

too much negativity after last year's corporate-ness of the events?

Probably economy, probably 'me-too' entries that turn into 'oh-sh!t' entries.

Hi Hubbers

I've been a bit lax...super busy at work...so little training and doing last minute organising for Tue's Trail. Just organised shuttle/accommodation previous evening/massages. 

From reading above, proper GPS a must? I have an Edge 500 that is not really ideal for following maps. Should I upgrade?

Still need a place to stay at Scottsburgh were we finish - I've been told there is a bit of a vibe in the town (general or a specific place?) so better to stay there than go back to airport side for flight next morning back to Cpt. Anywhere good or any place specific to recommend for accommodation?

Thanks!

Hi Hubbers

I've been a bit lax...super busy at work...so little training and doing last minute organising for Tue's Trail. Just organised shuttle/accommodation previous evening/massages. 

From reading above, proper GPS a must? I have an Edge 500 that is not really ideal for following maps. Should I upgrade?

Still need a place to stay at Scottsburgh were we finish - I've been told there is a bit of a vibe in the town (general or a specific place?) so better to stay there than go back to airport side for flight next morning back to Cpt. Anywhere good or any place specific to recommend for accommodation?

Thanks!

Edge 500 will do the job. Not sure you'll find accom in Scottburgh this late. Good luck. 

oh ja, I forgot the normal Sani folks use the mechanics to fix their bikes (and aint stingy like me)  :ph34r:   :P

some of us service our bikes BEFORE the race.... not during.... :clap: :clap:

properly pre-serviced and pre-tested should easily be problem free for 3 days - unless you crash or fall into the water...

so, i got a late team entry, however the shuttles are all fully booked. any ideas on how to get back to the start to fetch my car? i am doing the adventure.

so, i got a late team entry, however the shuttles are all fully booked. any ideas on how to get back to the start to fetch my car? i am doing the adventure.

Xris, where are you leaving from? I suggest you don't drive to the start but rather catch the transfer bus from Shaka to the start and from the finish back to shake. you can then either fly into shaka or if you live local just park at shaka...