Sani2c 2016

Squier

Wow, we just didjoberg2c and on day 8 (day 2 of the Sani) it was 41 degrees between wp1 and wp2, if the ORU guys were not nearby to help with water I would never have made it, definitely not on one bottle.

I'm a back-marker who carries a CamelBak (2l) and water bottle (because I spend so much time on the bike). Without fail, during each of the four Sani's I've done, I've rescued somebody with some water between WP1 and WP2. I'd hate to run out of water on that stretch, especially the last climb up to Spur (Nandos). 

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a back-marker who carries a CamelBak (2l) and water bottle (because I spend so much time on the bike). Without fail, during each of the four Sani's I've done, I've rescued somebody with some water between WP1 and WP2. I'd hate to run out of water on that stretch, especially the last climb up to Spur (Nandos). 

Yes water/ heat tend to be a problem on this stretch. make sure to fill up on WP1 on day 2

I also did the scenic route last year and needed the 2.5L camelbak + water bottle which I took along.

Yip, I did.  

It was ####-cold last year on the evening before the Race - i regretted taking a cheap-ass sleeping bag.

Yip, temps showed as -1 in Underberg on the weekend

so anyone have an idea on how to get to MacKenzie Country Club on the 10th ?

due to a family death i am unable to fly on the 9th as planned, the funeral is on the 10th and i am expected to be there. So my plan is to fly out after the proceedings and then meet up with my partner @WR 1.0 (sorry mate for all the hassles) at the end of Day1 and ride the balance. i just cant seem to find transport from the airport to MacKenzie.. any ideas?

Edited by W@nna-BE

Hi Hubbers

The final files and New GPS installation program will be sent out later today.
We were busy with some final route changes and these were only finished early this morning.

We will be at registration again this year providing assistance to all riders who are either having trouble loading the files or who have been unable to install the files.

If there is anything we can assist with so long send us an email and we will be more than happy to assist.

If you are still looking for a GPS and want to collect at registration from us also get in cantact and we will be more than happy to assist.

Email: sales@easybike.co.za

Regards
EasyBike

so anyone have an idea on how to get to MacKenzie Country Club on the 10th ?

due to a family death i am unable to fly on the 9th as planned, the funeral is on the 10th and i am expected to be there. So my plan is to fly out after the proceedings and then meet up with my partner @WR 1.0 (sorry mate for all the hassles) at the end of Day1 and ride the balance. i just cant seem to find transport from the airport to MacKenzie.. any ideas?

why not try Howard at Subaru PMB?  

thanks Candz1 - calling him now

have left a message with Howard

Edited by W@nna-BE

Hi Hubbers

The final files and New GPS installation program will be sent out later today.

We were busy with some final route changes and these were only finished early this morning.

We will be at registration again this year providing assistance to all riders who are either having trouble loading the files or who have been unable to install the files.

If there is anything we can assist with so long send us an email and we will be more than happy to assist.

If you are still looking for a GPS and want to collect at registration from us also get in cantact and we will be more than happy to assist.

Email: sales@easybike.co.za

Regards

EasyBike

Guys,

I have just received the newsletter with the GPS files.

Do have a couple of questions:

• When I load the file for Day 1 as an activity into Strava and then convert to a route, it does some strange jumping around

o Am not sure whether that is Strava doing something weird or is the file somehow not correct

• When I try to load the files for Day 2 and 3 into Strava it does not finish the download but it tells me they are duplicates of the file for Day 1?

o Why do I get this error?

o How can I load the file into Strava to view the route?

Guys,

• When I load the file for Day 1 as an activity into Strava and then convert to a route, it does some strange jumping around

o Am not sure whether that is Strava doing something weird or is the file somehow not correct

• When I try to load the files for Day 2 and 3 into Strava it does not finish the download but it tells me they are duplicates of the file for Day 1?

Just look at last year's route on Strava if you trying to get an idea of what you in for....

Received the files. Took about 2 minutes to get them on to my 520.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guys,

Hi Ossie NL

Rather try and open the files using Google Earth if you would like to check out the route beforehand.

Strava issued for recording or sharing a route that has already been ridden and you might mess up all your times etc if you upload our files to Strava. It might start to do strange things like you are currently experiencing.

Regards

EasyBike

Received the files. Took about 2 minutes to get them on to my 520.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Wahoofish

Did you use our program or upload manually?

Regards

EasyBike

Hi Wahoofish

Did you use our program or upload manually?

Regards

EasyBike

Followed the instructions on your webpage. Hope that that was the correct way to do it

Followed the instructions on your webpage. Hope that that was the correct way to do it

Hi Wahoofish

You can double check using the program to make sure you have the correct files installed in the correct place.

It should be quicker than manually uploading yourself.

If there is anything else we can assist with please let me know.

Regards

EasyBike