Sani2c 2016

Squier

Hi Guys,

Have a team entry to sell for the Sani2C 2016 for the adventure starting Tue the 10th May. Both Chris and I have to drop out sadly. If you email me on drdaveknight1@gmail.com I can provide the entry details and costs.

Dave

Dave, Trail starts the 10th, Adventure the 11th.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea if Sani2c 2016 courses will be available for the  Garmin Forerunner 310XT? If not what other devices are supported other than the Edge? Garmin Fenix?

Give the guys at easybike a call 031 811 3279 they are doing the Sani GPS support.

Dave, Trail starts the 10th, Adventure the 11th.

Give the guys at easybike a call 031 811 3279 they are doing the Sani GPS support.

are you running the S2C FAQ service or something???

such a helpful lad...  ;)

So, not sure if I asked this already, but how does one carry the required 3 litres of water without a camelback ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That makes it 2 bottles per rider. (750ml x 2). From the description, the first waterpoint is around 40km odd. Depending on the heat you should be able to manage with just one bottle?

The instructions are a bit odd. Take it then from the above that 3 litres per team is right, not per rider as the website would imply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Website also says you must have a gps to follow route....event is so over subscribed - if you can't see riders in front of you, you should seriously be doing some other sport...unless you're in the lead[emoji848]

All this over the top info is commonly known as CYA...cover your ass[emoji851]...about the same as filling in the indemnity forms at a bungee jump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rest assured that there is no one at the start with a measuring cup checking how much water you have. The stretches between waterpoints are relatively short. You'll be ok.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Bummed that we still have the black boxes this year. Was hoping that they would have sorted out bags. But the route, race villages and vibe is what we look forward to - the rest is a bonus

Thx. Spoke to the easybike guys - they will make the route available as a course for the Garmin Forerunner 310XT. Next week some time...

Bummed that we still have the black boxes this year. Was hoping that they would have sorted out bags. But the route, race villages and vibe is what we look forward to - the rest is a bonus

Why do you prefer bags over boxes?

I think with the boxes you can pack more things in and also way better for if someone else have something 'leaking' out in theirs it wont go into your stuff and also it is way more capable to handle tools (bags will tear)..........oh ja, I forgot the normal Sani folks use the mechanics to fix their bikes (and aint stingy like me)  :ph34r:   :P

Website also says you must have a gps to follow route....event is so over subscribed - if you can't see riders in front of you, you should seriously be doing some other sport...unless you're in the lead[emoji848]

Unless the riders in front of you also took the wrong turn-off because they are just following the riders in front of them who also took the wrong turn-off....

Happened to us last year at the start of Day 3, probably lost about 20 minutes doing round abouts in the sugar cane fields