Sani2c 2016

Squier

Question on the boxes.

Once you packed your Sleeping bag, is there even space left?

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question on the boxes.

Once you packed your Sleeping bag, is there even space left?

Geez....how big is your sleeping bag?

Geez....how big is your sleeping bag?

Looks big to me. It is a -15 rated one from Switzerland. 

Looks big to me. It is a -15 rated one from Switzerland.

Well if it's a single sleeping bag that rolls up into its storage bag it really shouldn't be a problem...

so, i got a late team entry, however the shuttles are all fully booked. any ideas on how to get back to the start to fetch my car? i am doing the adventure.

There is normally a bus organised to take folk from the finish back to the start to pick up vehicles.  Whether is is organised by Sani crew or by riders I don't know, but if you ask the Sani crew, I'm sure they will know if someone is organizing.

Else be the organizer, tell the Sani folk you are organizing transport from Scottburgh to Glencairn and then hire a mini bus from someone in Scottburgh - do a google search and see what comes up.  There are always folk looking for a lift, so the chances are that you will be able to get some help towards the cost.

Else get a quote for a local taxi / uber and see if that will work.

That makes it 2 bottles per rider. (750ml x 2). From the description, the first waterpoint is around 40km odd. Depending on the heat you should be able to manage with just one bottle?

Wow, we just didjoberg2c and on day 8 (day 2 of the Sani) it was 41 degrees between wp1 and wp2, if the ORU guys were not nearby to help with water I would never have made it, definitely not on one bottle.

You are aware that Sani2C does not actually start at the TOP of Sani Pass, aren't you?

did you see the snow in Underberg over the weekend. not taking any chances

did you see the snow in Underberg over the weekend. not taking any chances

Yip, I did.  

It was ####-cold last year on the evening before the Race - i regretted taking a cheap-ass sleeping bag.

Xris, where are you leaving from? I suggest you don't drive to the start but rather catch the transfer bus from Shaka to the start and from the finish back to shake. you can then either fly into shaka or if you live local just park at shaka...

Driving in from Jo burg after work on Tuesday so the airport is kind of out the question there.

i don't think there will be a transfer bus that late.

Anybody received the gpx files that were supposed to be mailed today?? Leaving Thursday morning for SA and would be good to have them on the garmin whilst I still have a computer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody received the gpx files that were supposed to be mailed today?? Leaving Thursday morning for SA and would be good to have them on the garmin whilst I still have a computer

Not yet...

so, i got a late team entry, however the shuttles are all fully booked. any ideas on how to get back to the start to fetch my car? i am doing the adventure.

I've got the same problem, but doing the race.  If I can get a lift back to the start on Sunday, please drop me a pm.

Alternatively if I can get a driver (partner of rider) to drive my vehicle to the finish, even better.

Thanks

Last year there was a Garmin kiosk at the start that offered a download service, but if you're like me you'll want to be sorted beforehand.