Ethics in classifieds!?

JTK

Just saw another one..."I have a brand new... I used it once..."

So which one is it? Can't be both.

Jislaak, those annoy me. It's either used or new. It's not even "like new". If it is used even just once, then it is used and should be marked as used with a nice explanation on the item and it's usage.

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The other thing that annoys me is the one hit wonders, as I like to call them. They enquire if the item is still available (if is was not available then it would say sold or have been deleted), you say yes it is and then nothing. Never from hear from them again ever. Why ask if you have no intentions of viewing or buying?

Jislaak, those annoy me. It's either used or new. It's not even "like new". If it is used even just once, then it is used and should be marked as used with a nice explanation on the item and it's usage.

And on the flip side, guys actually advertising brand new items are also having to specify that it is not used.  They shouldn't have to include that as well, but seems like they need to in order to differentiate from the brand new/used items.  :huh:

The other thing that annoys me is the one hit wonders, as I like to call them. They enquire if the item is still available (if is was not available then it would say sold or have been deleted), you say yes it is and then nothing. Never from hear from them again ever. Why ask if you have no intentions of viewing or buying?

I agree concerning the "one hit wonders" - as you said, what is the point.

However, I think the reason a lot of people ask (I sometimes do) is that there a lot of sellers that sell an item and never update the advert to sold or delete it.  I can't tell you how many times I've found an item and contacted the seller to purchase and then get a reply that it is sold.  Advert is still active and no "sold" on it anywhere.  And often see the advert still running weeks later.

I agree concerning the "one hit wonders" - as you said, what is the point.

However, I think the reason a lot of people ask (I sometimes do) is that there a lot of sellers that sell an item and never update the advert to sold or delete it.  I can't tell you how many times I've found an item and contacted the seller to purchase and then get a reply that it is sold.  Advert is still active and no "sold" on it anywhere.  And often see the advert still running weeks later.

Yeah, I guess I assume that sellers would do as I do in marking as sold or delete the item but should have known they are out there amongst the "normal thinking" living....lol 

Please buy something from me. It will be great to get some rondts in exchange for replying, yes, it's yours when you pay.

In the last 6 days I've had 7 of these. 1 sent the POP and got his goods next day. Others have just disappeared in the ether. Funny old world we live in.

*Goes to check what carbon29er has available*

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

A quick suggestion to ADMIN...

(I didn't go through all the pages of the thread)

Perhaps consider to have a seperate section in the classifieds for dealers/shops that are advertising their goods. Very much like now, but charge them a fee to advertise as they are doing so to make money/do business.

The private guys are unfairly competing against these guys that hike their prices hence the topic of ethics in classifieds.

I just don't open ads from Gauteng anymore because the chances are good it is the same ads from BikeMarket over and over and over again.

I am accessing the classifieds from my phone - cannot distinguish what ads are privateers and what is from a shop/dealer

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Edited by AnythingBut

Perhaps consider to have a seperate section in the classifieds for dealers/shops that are advertising their goods. Very much like now, but charge them a fee to advertise as they are doing so to make money/do business.

The private guys are unfairly competing against these guys that hike their prices hence the topic of ethics in classifieds.

I just don't open ads from Gauteng anymore because the chances are good it is the same ads from BikeMarket over and over and over again.

I am accessing the classifieds from my phone - cannot distinguish what ads are privateers and what is from a shop/dealer

You are supposed to say if you are a dealer or private sale and there was a fee for dealers don't know if ever came into working.

Shame, poor little you.

Perhaps read the thread BEFORE giving us your 2 cent opinion. You might then realise EXACTLY how advertising on the hub works.

And before you say chill, do us a favour and read threads BEFORE you comment on them as you'll learn quite a bit about the topics that the threads cover.

Then remember that the hub is free, yes free, to you because people like me pay for advertisements.

If you are going to exclude my adverts because I'm a dealer then it's not worth me paying to advertise. How much are you going to pay ADMIN to be a hubber so he can keep the site running?

Shame, poor little you.

Perhaps read the thread BEFORE giving us your 2 cent opinion. You might then realise EXACTLY how advertising on the hub works.

And before you say chill, do us a favour and read threads BEFORE you comment on them as you'll learn quite a bit about the topics that the threads cover.

Then remember that the hub is free, yes free, to you because people like me pay for advertisements.

If you are going to exclude my adverts because I'm a dealer then it's not worth me paying to advertise. How much are you going to pay ADMIN to be a hubber so he can keep the site running?

Not sure that his post needed an attack

Shame, poor little you.

Wat is jou probleem?

WTF!!!

Is jy gesuip? Wat de moer het ek aan jou gedoen?

Dom bliksem

Jy moet dalk wegbly van die papsak....

Now let me explain it again seeing that you are a product of mr zipper zoompie's educational system - I ONLY SUGGESTED SPLITTING THE DEALERS/SHOPS FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC! NO ATTACK WAS LAUNCHED AGAINST YOU DIMWIT

Edited by AnythingBut

Wat is jou probleem?

WTF!!!

Is jy gesuip? Wat de moer het ek aan jou gedoen?

Dom bliksem

Jy moet dalk wegbly van die papsak....

Now let me explain it again seeing that you are a product of mr zipper zoompie's educational system - I ONLY SUGGESTED SPLITTING THE DEALERS/SHOPS FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC! NO ATTACK WAS LAUNCHED AGAINST YOU DIMWIT

I haven't read the thread because I'm either too lazy to read or I can't read but I'll make a really stupid suggestion anyway that has already been discussed and rejected by ADMIN a number of times.

Yeah, I must be drunk is quite ingenious. Well done.

I haven't read the thread because I'm either too lazy to read or I can't read but I'll make a really stupid suggestion anyway that has already been discussed and rejected by ADMIN a number of times.

Yeah, I must be drunk is quite ingenious. Well done.

If you did read, I said I am accessing the hub and the classifieds from my phone. (I am on a farm - I don't have readily available internet) I am not going to go through 40 pages on tapatalk of people bitching about mis-spelled ads, or whether a 2010 model is hardly used....

I made an innocent suggestion. If I somehow offended you in that, it is on you. Your name, or business or whatever was nowhere mentioned. You decided to throw a tantrum. (THEN ADDING - WHY DID YOU REACT AS YOU DID? ARE YOU INFLATING YOUR PRICES? SKELM MUCH....?)

Don't worry, I do get that you have serious illusions of grandeur. How I ever thought to comment on YOUR forum...

I will not keep quiet when some random dumbass decides to attack me for nothing.

Donner voort.

Edited by AnythingBut

If you did read, I said I am accessing the hub and the classifieds from my phone. (I am on a farm - I don't have readily available internet) I am not going to go through 40 pages on tapatalk of people bitching about mis-spelled ads, or whether a 2010 model is hardly used....

I made an innocent suggestion. If I somehow offended you in that, it is on you. Your name, or business or whatever was nowhere mentioned. You decided to throw a tantrum. (THEN ADDING - WHY DID YOU REACT AS YOU DID? ARE YOU INFLATING YOUR PRICES? SKELM MUCH....?)

Don't worry, I do get that you have serious illusions of grandeur. How I ever thought to comment on YOUR forum...

I will not keep quiet when some random dumbass decides to attack me for nothing.

Donner voort.

Is jy gesuip?

Dom bliksem?

product of mr zipper zoompie's educational system?

Skelm?

Serious illusions of grandeur?

Dumbass?

Your ad hominem attacks are very amusing, please keep them coming.

I merely pointed out some sympathy for your inability to read a thread and then make suggestions that would result in the hub not being free to users any longer. Which have been discussed in threads a number of times. Not only this thread.

Would you like a version you can understand down on the farm? I'm sure I can interpret my comments for you.

Meanwhile, here's a nice quote for you.