Bat

Anonymous letters? Come on boys, congratulate the new CEO and if you

believe his appointment was irregular / unlawful, bring a court

application to set it aside.

Congrats Mr CEO!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought PPA is like any other organisation. You attend the meetings, have your say, nominate your pal and then theres a vote. 

We don't always get what we want. 

This is how votes are counted, Ala FIFA

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/counting-out-money-4042114.jpg

SOMEONE WALKS UP TO MY HOUSE THAT CLOSE THEY CAN EXPECT 9MM OF "LOVE"

who hand delivers CREEEEEPY

"9mm of 'love'" ......... not sure loving is possible with only 9mm...

I am convinced that neither the PPA and the CSA have the actual cyclist best interest at heart. their agendas first before anything else. Regarding the new CEO and if he deserve the position or not, that to me is also not the big issue. I guess this practice happen in a lot of businesses, but what I am trying to highlight is that many Huber's believe one organisation could be better or more trustworthy than the other, which in this case is not.

You attack the transparency of the PPA on the basis of the election of a CEO who according an unsigned letter is unfit for the position because he lacks "management experience". It smacks of an undignified personal attack on Rob Vogel as he is a part of a particular club, rides his bike with his mate's and has had much success with another Mtb club in lobbying SANParks (a bureaucratic nightmare) regarding accessing the front of Table Mountain and more recently Cecilia Forest.

The letter also fails to support it's allegations. It all sounds a lot like sour grapes.

You attack the transparency of the PPA on the basis of the election of a CEO who according an unsigned letter is unfit for the position because he lacks "management experience". It smacks of an undignified personal attack on Rob Vogel as he is a part of a particular club, rides his bike with his mate's and has had much success with another Mtb club in lobbying SANParks (a bureaucratic nightmare) regarding accessing the front of Table Mountain and more recently Cecilia Forest.

The letter also fails to support it's allegations. It all sounds a lot like sour grapes.

I smaak your post Mntboy

post-5403-0-43219400-1434638226_thumb.gif

I smaak your post Mntboy

Bwaaahaaa hahaha. He looks just a bit herbed up........

Thanks needed a good laugh!

It really does sounds like proper sour grapes. I can't imagine anything else driving someone to post anonymous letter,hand delivered to members houses. If the claims had proof to accompany them then I'm sure they would not have been anonymous.

May have missed it but WTF are the " Smooth Knobblies" and how can I join them?

Some dudes blog. You can read about it here: Www.teampuresavage.blogspot.com

:P

It really does sounds like proper sour grapes. I can't imagine anything else driving someone to post anonymous letter,hand delivered to members houses. If the claims had proof to accompany them then I'm sure they would not have been anonymous.

I couldn't agree more.

Problem is this can very negatively affect the person of whom the allegations are made and why? Because someone happens to be jealous of their position or their popularity or their achievements or whatever else. It also poisons the work environment with mistrust and worries of who is going to help and who is not.

Rob's record with TMMTB is stellar, the PPA needs to give him time to settle in and get going. I'm sure he can make a success of this.

Not so sure - why?

On getting the letter I looked at the facts. Then I verify them to be corrected barring the subjective statement on "management experience" they all seem to be correct.

Then I dug a little deeper and spoke to some people on the inside and discovered the process was flawed in their opnion. Some of the reason highlighted in my post on page 3 of this tread.

I did not apply for the job. Yes as a person who served on the EXCO for a total of 18 years and still an active cyclist I am keen to know that the PPA is in good hand and proper corporate governance is followed. I do believe a lot of people in the cycling community know this. Many people also know I am an "action man,” so by putting this letter in my letter box I would investigate, after all I was the man behind the SARA - South African Riders Assoiciation back in the late 90ies. Enough cyclist know my private home address - so getting a letter by hand in my letter box did not seem too strange to me.

Possibly investigate the fact too before making comment - thats the only reason why I did not post the letter on the hub on Monday. I don’t think “stirring for the sake of stirring” will achieve anything - but currently it does seem that PPA dropped the ball on corporate governance in the manner this appointment came about. Although I will probably only be a guest at 2015 PPA - AGM which I hope to attend I will certainly ask the question their. As a guest and not a member I wonder if they will answer.

On a similar note as most are a wear the position for CEO has been created for the Cape Town Cycle Tour - I am please to inform you that no curent / sitting Trustee of The Cycle Tour trust may apply for this position. Surely PPA should have applied this to their own position regarding their CEO position and the executive committee?

I find it terribly ironic that the OP complains about the lack of transparency at the PPA.......from a position of anonymity and on the strength of an anonymous letter. 

Sorry, but creepy underhand blows like that tells me more about the OP than about the person he complains about. 

There is no sour grapes here. Who, what, or when the PPA wants to appoint in any of their positions is actually nothing of interest to me. What I am trying to do, is make the blind folded, naive individuals realise and take note that maybe their trusted organisation is maybe not as clean cut as it might seems from the outside, but that there are indeed activities similar to the CSA going on right under their noses. Neither the PPA or CSA first interest are for us the cyclist. Plenty of faceless promises are communicated but this is just to make us believe that they are going out full ball for our best interest and future. All small little initiatives and actions. Nothing more.

@ Icycling

You have my respect for not just passing on unconfirmed innuendo but for actually trying yourself to get the details.

@ Icycling

You have my respect for not just passing on unconfirmed innuendo but for actually trying yourself to get the details.

careful up on that fence there DJR :blink:

Archived