PPA Transparency

Bat

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it terribly ironic that the OP complains about the lack of transparency at the PPA.......from a position of anonymity and on the strength of an anonymous letter. 

Sorry, but creepy underhand blows like that tells me more about the OP than about the person he complains about. 

So the guy is anonymous and the post smacks of sour grapes - does his character/intentions make the points he raise invalid though?

Either there is nepotism going on there or he is talking rubbish - I'm more interested in the answer to that than his character faults. If everything was above board it should be easy to refute/explain?

So the guy is anonymous and the post smacks of sour grapes - does his character/intentions make the points he raise invalid though?

Either there is nepotism going on there or he is talking rubbish - I'm more interested in the answer to that than his character faults. If everything was above board it should be easy to refute/explain?

See DJR's post after the one you quoted. Basically most people would agree with what you are asking for.

I find it terribly ironic that the OP complains about the lack of transparency at the PPA.......from a position of anonymity and on the strength of an anonymous letter. 

Sorry, but creepy underhand blows like that tells me more about the OP than about the person he complains about.

I am a cyclist from Joberg. Do mountain biking and road cycling. I am a business person but enjoy my sport to the point where I get very frustrated when I believe our cycling authorities use us as to get their own agendas instead of looking at ways to safeguard us, improve our sport, and more importantly grow it that our future riders can participate internationally without hubers havering to bail them out continuesly.

As an example England are spending millions on their potential cyclest for the Olimpics on training camps. What are we doing. Nothing. And this is where everyone starts shouting, But it is the CSAs responsibility. I agree, but as so many hubers continuously mentioned why don't the PPA not use ther initiative and do something out of their own. Or is this a case of this is my good earned money and we will put it rather in unit trust?

Hopefully you have an better understanding now who I am. But it will be very difficult for any PPA board member to freely express themselves without veer of retribution. So maybe, even if it is not always the right way, they also need to be whistle blowers.

I agree with you, which is why I like accusations to be backed up with solid facts, or alternatively a reply from the other side also. I'm sure that, given enough time, the picture will become clear. At the moment, I just see mud, but I'll wait before I make up my mind about the merits of this situation.

I agree with you, which is why I like accusations to be backed up with solid facts, or alternatively a reply from the other side also. I'm sure that, given enough time, the picture will become clear. At the moment, I just see mud, but I'll wait before I make up my mind about the merits of this situation.

And not the type of mud that comes in an overpriced tube

I am a cyclist from Joberg. Do mountain biking and road cycling. I am a business person but enjoy my sport to the point where I get very frustrated when I believe our cycling authorities use us as to get their own agendas instead of looking at ways to safeguard us, improve our sport, and more importantly grow it that our future riders can participate internationally without hubers havering to bail them out continuesly.

As an example England are spending millions on their potential cyclest for the Olimpics on training camps. What are we doing. Nothing. And this is where everyone starts shouting, But it is the CSAs responsibility. I agree, but as so many hubers continuously mentioned why don't the PPA not use ther initiative and do something out of their own. Or is this a case of this is my good earned money and we will put it rather in unit trust?

Hopefully you have an better understanding now who I am. But it will be very difficult for any PPA board member to freely express themselves without veer of retribution. So maybe, even if it is not always the right way, they also need to be whistle blowers.

I'm in agreement with you about what we want for our sport. More can and should be done by both CSA and the PPA.

Where I disagree, is on the value or weight an anonymous letter should carry. I would want to know who wrote it,  what their motives arehow accurate their accusations are, and whether it can be substantiated. Then I would feel more comfortable making a judgement of the process followed and on the personalities involved.

I'm in agreement with you about what we want for our sport. More can and should be done by both CSA and the PPA.

Where I disagree, is on the value or weight an anonymous letter should carry. I would want to know who wrote it, what their motives are, how accurate their accusations are, and whether it can be substantiated. Then I would feel more comfortable making a judgement of the process followed and on the personalities involved.

Ding ding

I'm in agreement with you about what we want for our sport. More can and should be done by both CSA and the PPA. Where I disagree, is on the value or weight an anonymous letter should carry. I would want to know who wrote it,  what their motives arehow accurate their accusations are, and whether it can be substantiated. Then I would feel more comfortable making a judgement of the process followed and on the personalities involved.

+1

This is similar to the Tokai thread a while ago where both sides wanted the same thing, but there was a whole lot of mud hiding the obvious. Hope PPA replies to this.

Where I disagree, is on the value or weight an anonymous letter should carry. I would want to know who wrote it,  what their motives arehow accurate their accusations are, and whether it can be substantiated. Then I would feel more comfortable making a judgement of the process followed and on the personalities involved.

And yes I agree with you. However sometimes people are under pressure not to make the actual facts available themselves and use another person with the same interest to communicate their sheared views. This is why thy are anonymous, but the facts that were discussed are the real facts. Even though everybody know how criticism will come from it.

Icycling also got the letter guys so maybe you should either have a go at BOTH the posters who have raised the issue ....

or accept that everything in life cant just be exactly as cut and dried as you want it to be

are you suggesting that both bat and icycling are in cahoots and this letter is a conspiracy theory or just a conspiracy to destabilise the PPA

as you are (in) famous on here (apparently )why don't one of you find and approach the new PPA chair and ask him to defend himself against this apparent slander instead of trashing TWO fellow cyclists who in their potential ignorance of the truth are trying to find it :thumbup:

Icycling also got the letter guys so maybe you should either have a go at BOTH the posters who have raised the issue ....

or accept that everything in life cant just be exactly as cut and dried as you want it to be

are you suggesting that both bat and icycling are in cahoots and this letter is a conspiracy theory or just a conspiracy to destabilise the PPA

as you are (in) famous on here (apparently )why don't one of you find and approach the new PPA chair and ask him to defend himself against this apparent slander instead of trashing TWO fellow cyclists who in their potential ignorance of the truth are trying to find it :thumbup:

If any of you do know the new PPA - CEO, the ONE question he can certainly can answer is what tertiary education he has and how long he studied for this / how long was the course. I just curious as I know how the post was advertised and have not been able to get this info yet!

As a guy that can easily believe that Niel Armstrong jumped out of Apollo 11 in the Arizona Desert.....(and old enough to have listened to the radio broadcast)

Just too strange that a Cape Town and Joberg(sic) huber(sic) get the same letter, I am quite hesitant to ask what is going on?

The PPA/CSA issue is the obvious problem here. What I see is one dysfunctional and one very functional organisation. I don't know any of the people involved in both organisations but believe me I will always back the functional one.

An as a last word on the buddy-buddy system the new PPA CEO is accused of: To the accusers - is he not just a better organizer than you? And that is the crux of his job.

If any of you do know the new PPA - CEO, the ONE question he can certainly can answer is what tertiary education he has and how long he studied for this / how long was the course. I just curious as I know how the post was advertised and have not been able to get this info yet!

Johan Rupert started Rand Merchant Bank with a St10 (Grade12) qualification. Please explain the problem.

Johan Rupert started Rand Merchant Bank with a St10 (Grade12) qualification. Please explain the problem.

The CEO post was advertised with certain education requirements. The recruitment agency should have thrown all applicant out at round one who did not meet these requirement - CORRECT? If not then it suggested the process was rigged right from the start - well that would be my interpretation. By the way the new CEO may have 5 degrees, way over qualified for the job etc etc - I just don’t know and have not been able to find out!

Archived