Trek Launch All New Procaliber SL and Top Fuel

Matt

Trek have unveiled their new hardtail race machine dubbed the Procaliber SL. Most notably the Procaliber features Trek's ride smoothing IsoSpeed decoupler similar to what what is used in their Domane road bikes. The Procaliber SL also introduces some very nifty cable routing which Trek are calling "Control Freak".

Click here to view the article

So I wonder if the BMC R&D info got leaked or the Trek info got leaked... Two similar concepts launched in a relatively short space of time.

'Being a cross-country bike where speed and efficiency matter, Procaliber SL gets Smart Wheel Size for the fastest wheel that fits. Larger sizes from 17.5 and up get 29” wheels while the 15.5 gets more proportional 27.5” wheels.'

Why did it take so long for common sense to prevail?

I like the concept. Like the BMC concept it's simple, effective and will not cost an arm and a leg to maintain. I'd like to see a shoot-out with the BMC concept. 

Expect Specialized, Giant and / or Scott to launch something similar but different before Eurobike 2015... roll on 29 August! 

Would more people buy hardtails now?  Because FS is pretty much the flavour of the month at the moment.

Not sure if it is worth all the R&D for the other manufacturers?

Trek has always build nice bike and it looks like they are continuing the good work