West Coast Express

Ramiez

Does anyone know why they cut the distance to 71kms compared to 118kms last year?

Next weekend its 1 Tonner so the 118km's would have been a great warm up but 71kms .... :whistling:

As far as I understood from the conversation in the "well done PPA" thread, its to do with permission to ride on the West Coast road.  They want the rider off the road sooner than the Yzerfontein turn off.  From there there is no other way really unless you want a 120-130km race.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

120 - 130kms would have been better than a 50km reduction compared to last year. 

Last year the half race was 70kms the same route is this years full distance :thumbdown:

120 - 130kms would have been better than a 50km reduction compared to last year. 

Last year the half race was 70kms the same route is this years full distance :thumbdown:

I hear you.  To add the extra 50km the organizer would have had to look north of the n7 towards Malmesbury or Philidelphia.  There aren't many options on that part of the world unfortunately.

I guess this is the year of short, fast races.

I hear you.  To add the extra 50km the organizer would have had to look north of the n7 towards Malmesbury or Philidelphia.  There aren't many options on that part of the world unfortunately.

I guess this is the year of short, fast races.

Yeah looks like it hey.

3rd shortened road race in the Cape so far this year :wacko:

Yeah looks like it hey.

3rd shortened road race in the Cape so far this year :wacko:

PPA giving the average cyclist like me the opportunity to make it in time for the lucky draw  LOL :clap:  :clap: :clap:  

PPA giving the average cyclist like me the opportunity to make it in time for the lucky draw  LOL :clap:  :clap: :clap:  

What do you mean avg? I am then planning on sucking your wheel for the entire race. :whistling:

What do you mean avg? I am then planning on sucking your wheel for the entire race. :whistling:

They had to comply with traffic department and planners etc and to get people off dangerous roads as much as possible.

Must go hammer for 73km and be grateful that these clubs are still organizing these events.

If its too easy just sit on the front into the South Easter.

Thanks to the outriders for putting this together. Entered but have my sons and God daughters baptism on Sunday. If it was shorter, I may have made it in time :P

They had to comply with traffic department and planners etc and to get people off dangerous roads as much as possible.

Must go hammer for 73km and be grateful that these clubs are still organizing these events.

If its too easy just sit on the front into the South Easter.

Thanks to the outriders for putting this together. Entered but have my sons and God daughters baptism on Sunday. If it was shorter, I may have made it in time :P

Yeah I am very grateful for all clubs that still make the effort to put on events as we have so few races already.

Thanks Outriders.

In which group will the savage train be operating in?

Yeah I am very grateful for all clubs that still make the effort to put on events as we have so few races already.

Thanks Outriders.

In which group will the savage train be operating in?

FYI

Outriders choo-choo in E

I'll be playing on my Mtb in the Tygerberg hills.  :whistling:

Not doing that bumpy section at speed again, and to do all that effort for 70km!  Nah, mudbike time sounds a lot nicer. :ph34r:

I'll be playing on my Mtb in the Tygerberg hills.  :whistling:

Not doing that bumpy section at speed again, and to do all that effort for 70km!  Nah, mudbike time sounds a lot nicer. :ph34r:

The one thing I learned from the Killarney sessions (and the Scenic South few weeks back) is that you don't need a 100km race to have a proper sufferfest, 70km at proper pace is more than enough...

Upgrading to Group D (might even decide to shave my legs again now that I'm starting to mix it up with the wannabe racing snakes), will do my best to stay ahead of the Outrider Bus  :devil:

Ooh! I'm always very excited for this. I suck so bad at the moment.. Even 71kms is gonna feel like forever.. But I'm gonna have fun!

Archived