Trail Daze: Contermanskloof during Winter

ewaldsadie

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work on the berms there now.

I wonder if they will be fixing the jumps?

Also there are flat out sections that could do with some jumps. Willing to bring my own shovel!

Yeah, I am sure Robert has plans to make those worn out jumps better as soon as some more rain comes into play. Will ask him though and just mention that people are keen for them!

No braking by Matthieu in this photo. Check his fingers-off the brake-just flat out speed!

can't see his left hand.

can't see his left hand.

If we do need to get technical... You can see be the line of the front brake hose that it is leading to the left side of the handlebars, i.e. the right is rear and not pulled.   :P  

Edited by Raydek

Correct. Matthieu is french so runs his brakes right hand = back.

Damned French!

Correct. Matthieu is french so runs his brakes right hand = back.

the proper way :)

I tried it the other way around (used to ride front right loooong ago) for about a year, but I just couldn't make the switch on a base level - when I was really, really tired I'd revert to rear right, and it eventually led to me grabbing a fistful mid corner. Bad form, I know, but I thought I was grabbing back brake when I was actually grabbing front... 

the proper way :)

I tried it the other way around (used to ride front right loooong ago) for about a year, but I just couldn't make the switch on a base level - when I was really, really tired I'd revert to rear right, and it eventually led to me grabbing a fistful mid corner. Bad form, I know, but I thought I was grabbing back brake when I was actually grabbing front... 

Feather the brakes .....................................

LOL

Mine is setup righ front for that exact reason. I am right handed and feathering the brakes with the right hand is far easier than with my left. Also my left hand has 2 pins in the thumb on the knuckle

LOL

Mine is setup righ front for that exact reason. I am right handed and feathering the brakes with the right hand is far easier than with my left. Also my left hand has 2 pins in the thumb on the knuckle

ah. I'm ambi, but was left dominant up until about 7 y/o when they forced me to choose and made me use my right hand for writing. 

Still play cricket and golf left handed though. 

I also run left front, right back... When I started it was the other way around because I wanted it the same motorbikes... 

But since have change back to left front, right back as other bikes I hop on and test are usually that way, and so is my road bike.. So just keeping things simple..