New ballot-style entry process for 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wonder why that is repeated so often. If I train for it,work to get seeding, ride as hard as I can - why is it more of a fun ride than say the Panorama? I can assure you that I find it tough because I go as hard as I can. I don't particularly want my ride to be spoiled by some inconsiderate rider that received a free entry. Plenty of space in the last group (where I may join them for a second lap).

Maybe people just have a different ideas on what is FUN   ^_^

It will be interesting to see if they release details of the actual number of entries received through the ballot process. If they do, my guess is it won't be as many as suspected.

IMO the ballot process is going to significantly reduce the amount of non Western Cape entries to this event. I know I won't bother entering again, and many Jhb riders I've spoken to feel the same way.

I wish they would wake up and make it minimum qualifying, I'm so sick of uneducated unfit wallies making it an abortion for riders trying to be competitive, safely !!!! So its a lotto, make them put into cycling first by riding other races ! Qualify dammit !

I think you missing the point, this a timed fun ride. If you there to compete, either race in the licensed cats or work on your own open seeding. Let the rest of the fun riders enjoy their once a year traffic free ride around the peninsula. They make up the biggest number on the day. 

Maybe someone need to define "funride"

When did it stop being a race? All the Pro's are part if it racing for prize money.

Last time I checked, no one was called to the podium to collect their prize for winning group a to zzzz. If you want to race, buy a racing licence (and hope you make the index requirement to get a start. Otherwise take it for what it is, a good day out riding you bike.

Last time I checked, no one was called to the podium to collect their prize for winning group a to zzzz. If you want to race, buy a racing licence (and hope you make the index requirement to get a start. Otherwise take it for what it is, a good day out riding you bike.

If it is just a good day for riding your bike why do they keep time and why do they do seeding?

Some people race & like to go as fast as they can, some people just want to ride their bike - enough opportunity do it your way without judging the way someone else choose to ride their Argus.

Only exclusion is the wannabe racing snakes at the back of the field who are nuisances to the funriders around them

If it is just a good day for riding your bike why do they keep time and why do they do seeding?

Some people race & like to go as fast as they can, some people just want to ride their bike - enough opportunity do it your way without judging the way someone else choose to ride their Argus.

Only exclusion is the wannabe racing snakes at the back of the field who are nuisances to the funriders around them

Sorry.........

Not sure where I was judging anybody? My first comment pretty much says the same as you saying. My second is a statement of fact.

Maybe you were judging me?  

Not sure where I was judging anybody? My first comment pretty much says the same as you saying. My second is a statement of fact.

Maybe you were judging me?  

Judging comment not aimed at you, just in general -  but if the shoe fits..  :devil:

Judging comment not aimed at you, just in general -  but if the shoe fits..  :devil:

I don't take myself that seriously  :blush:

Prize money is not the only requirement to make a race. There's a start line, a finish line and a few testosterone fueled, lycra clad, carbon fibre sporting individuals some of whom are UCI license holding and not necessarily "index requirement" compliant  who fully recognize it as "a good day out RACING their bikes".

Haven't seen any rules stating Batch A - Z is for funriding with restricted speeds etc etc.

Either way. Each to his own. Hopefully the furnriders end up further down the alphabet soup to keep things safe and everyone happy.

Oraait... entered to be considered...

Hard to give up the privilege of rolling this world famous event

As a man living in the village of CT, I am even more fortunate as it is more accessible despite the jump in fee

Just watched Super Cycling. He said they want to eliminate the fact that when entries open, you see they are open, talk to the family and decide to go, but then by tomorrow when you want to enter they are sold out. That has to be one of the stupidest comments ever. You decide before the entries open that you want to ride and wait for entries to open. I really think this new system is utterly ridiculous!

Just watched Super Cycling. He said they want to eliminate the fact that when entries open, you see they are open, talk to the family and decide to go, but then by tomorrow when you want to enter they are sold out. That has to be one of the stupidest comments ever. You decide before the entries open that you want to ride and wait for entries to open. I really think this new system is utterly ridiculous!

its a joke. Its gonna be a bigger circus than last year. Just watch this thread in the near future