New ballot-style entry process for 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should just guarantee entries for all those that have done sub 3  109km Argus's , as those athletes are off the course as soon as possible and do not waste resources at the water points :ph34r:

Damn. Now that is a big stir if ever I saw one!

ag shame - so you're going to say the guy who has done 20 of them shouldn't get a preference to ride? Really, you wouldn't support the loyalty of your best supporters, that's pretty much why they started the club21 - celebrate the okes who did that many and spur people to aim for that many finishes.

but just incase you think it's lank unfair - go check out the webpage/ viplog - http://results.cycletour.co.za/viplog.aspx?sid=1

there's 1628 guys who've done 20 or more tours. EVER.

now a certain amount of those okes will have moved on and won't be riding this year, but even if you gave them all a slot - then there's 38372 positions for the rest of the guys to get in.

(btw there's 12 284 okes who've done 10 or more, and 124 645 who've completed just one).

Wat i am saying is that they should not have favouritism when selecting. But if its such a small number then there is nothing to moan about[emoji106] .

They should just guarantee entries for all those that have done sub 3  109km Argus's , as those athletes are off the course as soon as possible and do not waste resources at the water points :ph34r:

Come to think of it, there are way too many sub 3s after this years Argus Lite! Edited by DJR

They should just guarantee entries for all those that have done sub 3 109km Argus's , as those athletes are off the course as soon as possible and do not waste resources at the water points [emoji14]h34r:

There are water points at 100 odd km races?

Come to think of it, there are way too many sub 3s after this years Argus Lite!

I believe a sub 1h15 for the lite was equivalent to a sub 3 proper Argus. What you reckon?

I think anyone faster than a 1:09:39 gets an auto entry ;)

Ha ha, I think I can guess why.....

True true! But only those who didn't moan & bitch!

Why are women not allowed anymore? (Hiding)

I think anyone faster than a 1:09:39 gets an auto entry ;)

Damn my 1h 12m just doesn't make it. Will have to rely on my 25 consecutive finishes. [emoji16]

Look, be it as it may but the organisers had to do something to manage the immense interest in (and emotion around) the CCCT. I have though a lot about this and I’m also not one to complain without at least proposing some kind of alternative. How about about:

You have 5 separate entry allocation protocols that go into a pre-registration pool and a registration pool:

PRE-REGISTRATION POOL:

1. CCCT Veterans

If you are completing 10+ CCCT’s you are secured an entry – a la Sani2C where you “keep” that entry and only forfeit it by not participating. Forfeited entries are made available into the  registration pool or to other “new” veterans.  

2. PPA

A number of PPA entries are made available, awarded on a first come forst serve basis. Forfeited entries are made available into the  registration pool or to other PPA members.

3. Charities

A number of entries are reserved for charity entries. Any unused entries are made available into the  registration pool.

3. International Entries

A number of entries are reserved for international participants, allocate entries according to the current ballot system. Any unused entries are made available into the  registration pool.

REGISTRATION POOL:

1. Racing Categories

A number of entries are awarded to entrants in each racing category based on seeding index…e.g. if your index is below 12 and you are participating in VA you have an entry.

2. Open Categories

Here perhaps 2 options: 1 - allocate entries to all open categories according to the current ballot system.  2 – allocate entries to the more “serious” open categories (let’s say A – G) according to seeding index (i.e the better your seeding, the better your chance of securing an entry), for the rest use the current ballot system. ANY REDUNDANT ENTRY CAN BE SOLD BACK INTO THE POOL UNTIL A WEEK OR TWO PRIOR TO THE RACE.  

May sound complicated to actually implement but think about it…any ideas?

Edited by Karooryder

I believe a sub 1h15 for the lite was equivalent to a sub 3 proper Argus. What you reckon?

Probably not far off considering the winners did 1:01 but I would venture a sub 1:10 equivalent to the sub 3 full monty.

Edited by Bianchisti