ScottCM

Just read now in timeslive Newspaper the Doc that is advising Ramaphosa is saying that we could be stuck between 2-3 year in intermittent Lockdown and he stated "Mass gatherings would not come back, physical distancing would stay, and the “way we engage with people will require caution”.

If this is true, I guess Comrades and other trail runs will be cancelled. I sincerely hope it doesn't.

I think we're just going to have make peace with the fact that all events for 2020 will be cancelled. BUT, there is ALWAYS hope!! 

Let's take everything day by day, keep ourselves motivated and we will most likely come out stronger. Losing one year is not the end of the world. The majority of us do not make a living from the sports we partake in. Let's focus on keeping our jobs! Keep showing our worth to our employers, because now is the time they can flip 180 and tell you to take a hike. 

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're just going to have make peace with the fact that all events for 2020 will be cancelled. BUT, there is ALWAYS hope!! 

Let's take everything day by day, keep ourselves motivated and we will most likely come out stronger. Losing one year is not the end of the world. The majority of us do not make a living from the sports we partake in. Let's focus on keeping our jobs! Keep showing our worth to our employers, because now is the time they can flip 180 and tell you to take a hike. 

Maybe its a good thing. At least now i can start saving for my bucket-list race without worrying about other races i have to do.. :w00t:  

Maybe its a good thing. At least now i can start saving for my bucket-list race without worrying about other races i have to do.. :w00t:

Well if we stay in lockdown for 3 years then maybe I can save enough to do TOM again????

No one knows yet... The information hasn't been announced as yet

Its all up in the air. Best would be to wait it out until a proper announcement is made. Another week or 2 wont make a difference.

Looking at the Facebook Comrades groups is clear that some runners already made up their minds, we will see them all on the road next week.

If this is not managed correctly by the runners then next thing we see is running moved to level 2 of the lockdown.

And Im just amazed how all of a sudden everyone turned into runners. I see people that never ran since grade 3 suddenly asking when they can go run outside.

Its all up in the air. Best would be to wait it out until a proper announcement is made. Another week or 2 wont make a difference.

Looking at the Facebook Comrades groups is clear that some runners already made up their minds, we will see them all on the road next week.

If this is not managed correctly by the runners then next thing we see is running moved to level 2 of the lockdown.

And Im just amazed how all of a sudden everyone turned into runners. I see people that never ran since grade 3 suddenly asking when they can go run outside.

The nerve of some people. Wanting to go outside. 

The nerve of some people. Wanting to go outside.

If you read again you will see I specifically said run.

If you read again you will see I specifically said run.

If you read again you'll see I specifically said some

I've noticed the exact same effect here in Switz and we are allowed to go out and exercise.

Never ever seen so many people out jogging, walking and cycling....because all these activities are done on "wanderwegs" walking paths they are now much more congested than normal... bit of a pain in the ass actually (selfish i know).

I think the reason is simply because all the other sports like tennis, golf, squash, soccer, swimming etc etc are banned and people are now substituting their normal now banned sport with the ones that are allowed (jogging, cycling and walking).

I’m a bit confused ‍♂. Is jogging allowed from 1 May or only from under level 3?

Someone in Government will make an announcement on Thursday. Will try find out what time. 

What's your bucket list race?

If walking and running is allowed (in level 4) and cycling not, I won’t complain. I still have Zwift and Rouvy to keep me active in the bike.

At least then I can do up to 10Km on the road - IF we’re allowed to walk/jog/trot/run.

IF... a small word, with a big meaning.

I'm looking for some recommendations on a decent treadmill, not keen on Trojan, Reebok etc. Zwift compatibility would be ideal.

I was looking around online, but it seems that higher end treadmills aren't readily available to the public.

I'm looking for some recommendations on a decent treadmill, not keen on Trojan, Reebok etc. Zwift compatibility would be ideal.

I was looking around online, but it seems that higher end treadmills aren't readily available to the public.

Have a look at the sole treadmills... Active lifestyle solutions sell them