ScottCM

I see some impressive Loskop times !!

I checked the route profile and it doesn't look flat.

Well done guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first time a husband/wife combo is taking 1st and 2nd spot. Well Done Barry and Jessica.

And congrats to you on a decent Loskop time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jaws677

Thanks Jaws,

Was trying to stay with Stu and Ferret, but I just didn't have any legs on the day. My son kept me up the whole Friday night. Prob only got about 1-2 Hours sleep. But that's life, it happens. :thumbup:

Congrats to all that finished Loskop. The weather was perfect for a good run. My run was ok, also didn't get much sleep the night before as I was working late. The new start was a bit of a disaster, not sure why they changed it from previous years.

For some reason, I felt stronger in the second half. I tested new supplements and it seemed to work better than Racefood. I will test again at the RAC long run. 

I have RAC long run left and Jackie Mekler on the 12th of May. The clock is ticking way too fast...

Edited by Hacc

I agree, the start was a disaster. To many people cramped into that little space.

Thanks Jaws,

Was trying to stay with Stu and Ferret, but I just didn't have any legs on the day. My son kept me up the whole Friday night. Prob only got about 1-2 Hours sleep. But that's life, it happens. :thumbup:

Hey Lexx, well run at Loskop, Saw from your splits you must have been very close to us a lot of the way?

Our 3h59 went out the window early as we ticked out sub4.40kms.... we had a nice Wanderers Bus that stayed together start to finish with Stu and a few others, went through halfway in just under 1h57 and then had a good 1h50 second half for 3h47..

Great conditions though

I agree, the start was a disaster. To many people cramped into that little space.

The start was a mess! I assume a lot of runners started in front of the start banner (no timing mats?), judging by the amount of runners I had to pass in the first 3km!?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Hey Lexx, well run at Loskop, Saw from your splits you must have been very close to us a lot of the way?

Our 3h59 went out the window early as we ticked out sub4.40kms.... we had a nice Wanderers Bus that stayed together start to finish with Stu and a few others, went through halfway in just under 1h57 and then had a good 1h50 second half for 3h47..

Great conditions though

Thanks Ferret,

Yes you guys were just ahead of me. :ph34r: .

Was hoping for a sub 03:45. But it just wasn't my day. :thumbup: .

This guy is just insane!    A 2:59 split at km 47...

https://www.strava.com/activities/1508960134

That run is mainly in Z1 and Z2 too. If I could hit those paces in Z3, I would be very happy.  :whistling:

Anyone have any tips on relief of very tight calves? I am going to my bio once a week to have them released and foam rolling every second evening, but I am getting pain behind my knee, and where the fascia connects to the bone just below my calf muscle. Calf muscles feel like rocks when running, and slowly loosen up after around 5kms. 

That run is mainly in Z1 and Z2 too. If I could hit those paces in Z3, I would be very happy.  :whistling:

For an "old" sod like me that heartrate is Z4/Z5 territory. Impressive none the less...

(Bump)

OMTOM: in the 2000's there was a historical record of all previous OMTOM ultra finishers: 'Captain's Log' or similar, it was called.

Is this still produced, and, if so, is there an electronic version available?

Anyone got a link?

Thanx.

That run is mainly in Z1 and Z2 too. If I could hit those paces in Z3, I would be very happy. :whistling:

Anyone have any tips on relief of very tight calves? I am going to my bio once a week to have them released and foam rolling every second evening, but I am getting pain behind my knee, and where the fascia connects to the bone just below my calf muscle. Calf muscles feel like rocks when running, and slowly loosen up after around 5kms.

Deep fascia rub. trust me it works the bomb, but it's got to be done properly. Your should see blood being brought to just below the skin along the itb and you'll have no hair left