ScottCM

First run, real run, after Omtom and I barely managed 10kms. Full itb pain from 3kms. And damm sore today.

So I guess I have a two months taper, as in proper doing nothing taper, before comrades 2018 then... :blink: :cursing:

I missed two months with my Achilles injury. With some serious rehab Im back to running pain free. But Biokinticist prohibited me from running more than 30 minutes until he clears me. Risking a reinjury is just not worth it so Im not doing Comrades. Its still a long year of running and Skyrun is calling.

I try to ignore Strava, the serious Comrades miles gives me a bad case of fomo.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A while ago i went to two different bio's, both told me i have knee tracking issues but both prescribed totally different ways to solve the problem. With all the training that was involved for tri's i neglected these to the extent that by the time i got of the bike i couldn't walk let alone run the other day.

So i've decided to can my Comrades aspirations and spend the next few months sorting out my knee tracking issues instead.

Is there anyone here who has successfully gone through this process that can direct me to the person that helped them get "Fixed" so i can have a better sporting life going forward?

Hi ScottC-M,

I was suffering with the same issue. I just started running and when I upped the distance, my knees hurt like mad to the point where I could not run anymore. I went to a physio and a bio. Basically they were treating the symptoms and the bio gave me strengthening exercises. The physio recommended that I see a podiatrist to get to the source of the knee tracking issue as it starts with your feet. Went to see Chris at Sports Science in Newlands Cape Town. We found the source of the knee tracking by doing the analysis. He adjusted my inner soles to compensate for my funny feet. Did a 10km last week - no issue with the knees at all!

Hope you get it sorted!!

Edited by Nino

Couldn't resist seeing that this is my best top 10 position this year and due to fact that i'm probably the only one sitting at the office today  :thumbup:

Good Job...  I put in my best week in 3 years and Stu still managed to Pip me...

2 more decent weeks and a nice 4 weeks taper is coming...

I thought I might have made it into the top 10 this week... But alas not! I'll have my glory when you guys are done with comrades [emoji23]

Finishing my course of anti-biotics tomorrow... might do a short little run as I am finally feeling better. Super frustrating few weeks, having serious doubts about Comrades this year, but going to give it a last bash. If I can get in a couple 30's along with a few consistent weeks I should be okay.

April stats... two runs, 89kms, nothing in the last three weeks  :blush: 

Going in well rested  :whistling:

Finishing my course of anti-biotics tomorrow... might do a short little run as I am finally feeling better. Super frustrating few weeks, having serious doubts about Comrades this year, but going to give it a last bash. If I can get in a couple 30's along with a few consistent weeks I should be okay.

April stats... two runs, 89kms, nothing in the last three weeks  :blush: 

Going in well rested  :whistling:

89kms in two runs is still pretty impressive!!  :thumbup:

Good Job...  I put in my best week in 3 years and Stu still managed to Pip me...

2 more decent weeks and a nice 4 weeks taper is coming...

Have to push through these next 2 weeks and then looking forward to the 4 weeks of Tapering  :clap:

Has anyone noticed in the Strava followers feed sometimes you see people's activities as

Time elevation and distance

Sometimes time and distance

Sometimes distance and pace

Sometimes distance pace and time

Where's up with that? I don't have a setting to decide how I want to see activities or how my activities are presented to others... Do you think it's random and to try persuade people to click through and use the app more?

Been on an antibiotic drip and normal antibiotics since Loskop. I have never felt so sick in my life. This week were supposed to be my peak week and I am binge watching Suits. I am so frustrated. Hopefully I can run tomorrow and make up some lost kilometers this coming weekend. I am so upset I am missing the RAC long run today [emoji21]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by Hacc

Been on an antibiotic drip and normal antibiotics since Loskop. I have never felt so sick in my life. This week were supposed to be my peak week and I am binge watching Suits. I am so frustrated. Hopefully I can run tomorrow and make up some lost kilometers this coming weekend. I am so upset I am missing the RAC long run today [emoji21]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Oh no... Healing vibes being sent your way

I feel your pain Hacc

I have been in bed since last week wednesday with longontsteking

Today for the first time I started to feel human again.

Edited by Carpet

I did the RAC long run today. Im still recovering from the flu so it was proper hard. Had a few harsh words with myself along the way. I went slow but I think that made it even harder in some respects as the kilometers takes forever to tick over.