ScottCM

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to all, 

I will sneak a few longer runs in, just test out the legs and find that grind pace/gear...

I see Min Qi from China is leading the 100km CCC race. Miao Yao also from China is leading the ladies race, she's also 13th overall.. and.. is Min's girlfriend apparently. Quite a couple.

Went for my first run this morning since injuring my soleus 10 days ago, glad to say all was good, just a little concerned how tight my achilles were from lack of running.... stretching to make sure they supple for tomorrow.

Been watching the women's race both on tv and at the beach front... excited and amped to race tomorrow!!  Seems might be wet and overcast... be fun and an experience none the less!!

Enjoy your race tjommies!!

Plans for the weekend:

+/- 145Km LSD ride tomorrow, and if I’m lucky, a 10-12km run on Sunday afternoon. My girls are taking part in a dancing competition the whole weekend, so showing face is the right thing to do.

Well that wasn’t a LSD ride. Long, yes - but certainly not an endurance zone ride.

Welcome to the sub 60 10km club carpet. Great run today

Thanks Stretch

And to think that I was worried before the start that I will be missing it by a few secondes, I made the sub 60 with a fair amount.

Must say I am very proud on my new 10km PB

yoh, did anyone follow the UTMB, it was rather exciting, big names dropping like flies, the live stream on youtube was epic as well

Well done on your race Shaper, I know it's not what you had hoped for, but considering the conditions you faced and the unknown of your calf injury it's pretty darn impressive.

Did my first proper race for the season on Saturday. Only 21.1km, but a good way to guage my fitness for the upcoming qualifiers. I didn't expect much because over the last 3 or 4 month I didn't do much more than slow base miles. In the end I ran 1h40, new PB by 5 minutes.

If everything goes according to plan a sub 4 marathon should be doable.