ScottCM

Also running Pirates Sunday, will also be very chilled... probably run with the wife again, those hills ain't pretty!

Andrew do you know when we are supposed to collect our race packs?

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew do you know when we are supposed to collect our race packs?

Haven't a clue I'm afraid... I'm entering on the morning

I ran the trail run last year... it's a brute. Serious steep climbs etc, I'd put it on a par with your average marathon in terms of a challenge, despite it being just 24kms. I reckon you need to be pretty hardcore to attempt both.

It does look like very nice!   If you had to choose between the two, which would you do?

It does look like very nice!   If you had to choose between the two, which would you do?

I haven't done the Ultra, but knowing the route I am excited for it this year. The Trail run was awesome in it's own right, but maybe not the best Comrades prep, well for me at least - it really put my weak calves through the ringer and it took me ages to recover. Will definitely do the Trail again when I'm better prepped, but I'm sure the ultra will be my staple while I am running Comrades still...

I didn't run it, but it must've been severely challenging conditions for today's Peninsula Marathon, billed the fastest marathon in Africa... The headwind has been up and howling all day! The only way to get a PB will have been to run your first marathon I think! Wind was 30+km\h since the start and gusting to 65km\h before 10! Massive respect to those that finish!

Did anyone in this thread run it? 

I'm rather stoked. I managed a brand spanking new PB by something like 15 mins. Squeezed a new seeding for Comrades, which I didn't plan! But building up fitness is going rather well. I'm still fairly new to running so there were gains to be made.

Conditions were OK(ish). Yes, the wind was bad and general direction from the front, but there were quiet parts and it also helped a little from behind in a couple of sections. Other than the eensy weensy South Easter it was a good day out with a very nice vibe.

Excellent BK! My neighbour ran her first marathon today so I've been keeping an eye on conditions throughout the day! The wind seemed brutal, with window frames rattling through the night and all morning! Glad to hear you had a great day out and got a new PB! Congrats!!!!

I'm rather stoked. I managed a brand spanking new PB by something like 15 mins. Squeezed a new seeding for Comrades, which I didn't plan! But building up fitness is going rather well. I'm still fairly new to running so there were gains to be made.

Conditions were OK(ish). Yes, the wind was bad and general direction from the front, but there were quiet parts and it also helped a little from behind in a couple of sections. Other than the eensy weensy South Easter it was a good day out with a very nice vibe.

Well Done. That's was a huge PB Improvement.

I am actually in 2 minds at the moment. Deciding between running the Uniwisp 3-in-1 on 4 March, which is a nice flat fast run, or go on a very Hilly 42km Training run from Kaapmuiden over the Boulder's Mountains and back. Good Comrades Training run. I already qualified with a B-Seeding for the Comrades, so the Uniwisp will actually just be like a training run.

I am actually in 2 minds at the moment. Deciding between running the Uniwisp 3-in-1 on 4 March, which is a nice flat fast run, or go on a very Hilly 42km Training run from Kaapmuiden over the Boulder's Mountains and back. Good Comrades Training run. I already qualified with a B-Seeding for the Comrades, so the Uniwisp will actually just be like a training run.

Seems you have the answer Lexx...   ;)

Seems you have the answer Lexx...   ;)

It does seem that way. I need long hills, its so flat here where I live :w00t: . Comrades is not that far away, Think something like 100 days if I'm correct.

It does seem that way. I need long hills, its so flat here where I live :w00t: . Comrades is not that far away, Think something like 100 days if I'm correct.

Yup 104 odd.   One thing we cannot have too much of is hills, go klap them...   I wish we had longer ones here.

Training runs more important lexx... But you know that.

I'm taking the week off because I have a small groin stain... Maritzburg marathon on Sunday.. Want it to be healed up for that

Training runs more important lexx... But you know that.

I'm taking the week off because I have a small groin stain... Maritzburg marathon on Sunday.. Want it to be healed up for that

Oh man, groin injury is the worst. Hope you heel up quick Stretch. You going for a PB? You look pretty strong, and very impressive times on Strava.

Oh man, groin injury is the worst. Hope you heel up quick Stretch. You going for a PB? You look pretty strong, and very impressive times on Strava.

More stiffness... Think a few days rest is what it needs. Mate and I are going for a B batch.... That's the plan anyway!