ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And Lastly a Mile/Km pacing/distance conversion I made to keep it simple..

I round up and down a little on distance depending on the mile...

I was just about to pull out the pen and calculator whilst holding the tears back....  :thumbup:

This thing still has me scratching my head.  

What is their 10K pace for example?

On the Sub 4 program, day 2, 4x800m at 10K pace (4:00) ?

Edited by Jackes

And a 3h30, if you are in between... I 3h52 marathoner should be chasing this one... :whistling:

I agree, didn't know there was a 3:30 program. Let the hard work begin!

I was just about to pull out the pen and calculator whilst holding the tears back....  :thumbup:

This thing still has me scratching my head.  

What is their 10K pace for example?

On the Sub 4 program, day 2, 4x800m at 10K pace (4:00) ?

4mins for 800m so that's 5min per km

Its estimating as you are a training for a 4hr Marathon (5.42per km) your 10km race pace will be at approx 5min per km, and thus that's the pace you should do your 800m intervals at.

Each 800m divided by a 3min easy Jog in between. As opposed to other programs where the track is divided by a walk or a minute or 2 stationary this keeps you jogging throughout to build speed and endurance.

Congrats to all the Comrades Finishers... Stretch/Lexx I tracked you two, also couldn't believe you pretty much ran together the whole way without knowing it.. I call that well paced by both of you..

Decided last night its time to get my sh#t together and put a new programme and some Goals in place again for the rest of the year...

So I have 7 weeks to a sub90 at Skukuza Half, and 13.5 weeks to a sub3 at CT Marathon in September..... will be just under 1 year from my broken femur on 1 October.

Lexx you going to be at Skukuza again?

Hi Ferret. Yes I will be there. I will be trying my hardest to run a sub 1:30. I think I did a 1:33/34 last year, not sure. But also no real base to work from. I will try to catch your slip stream. Lol

Hi Ferret. Yes I will be there. I will be trying my hardest to run a sub 1:30. I think I did a 1:33/34 last year, not sure. But also no real base to work from. I will try to catch your slip stream. Lol

What do you mean you have no base? You ran 87kms 10 days ago... and did 1500kms in the 5 months before that.

A bit of speed work and you sorted.

90mins on the legs will feel like nothing

What do you mean you have no base? You ran 87kms 10 days ago... and did 1500kms in the 5 months before that.

A bit of speed work and you sorted.

90mins on the legs will feel like nothing

Sorry I mean last year I had no base to work from. Lol. Going to do lots of speed work these coming 7 weeks and then see how it goes.

I'm also hoping to get as close as possible to a 1h30 21km. My closest is 1h34.

I'm capable of sub 20 Parkrun so I guess it's a matter of converting.

The base is now there after Comrades but really need to focus on my speed now.

Yo!

Anyone else notice that the drop-out rate on 2017 Comrades was 18.5% ? Historically this used to be 10-11% and many got excited when it hit 15%. CMA reacted to that stat, with a statement. This year, the Chief Medical Officer made no mention of it, in his post-race report, save to say it, "became quite a hot day" - or some such.

I'm intrigued; are you?

R.

Yo!

Anyone else notice that the drop-out rate on 2017 Comrades was 18.5% ? Historically this used to be 10-11% and many got excited when it hit 15%. CMA reacted to that stat, with a statement. This year, the Chief Medical Officer made no mention of it, in his post-race report, save to say it, "became quite a hot day" - or some such.

I'm intrigued; are you?

R.

I don't know. Luckily for me, we are used to train in 32-35'C Heat, so the heat isn't really a problem for us Lowvelders :ph34r:  :whistling:  . I think to little training and maybe running with a niggle or being sick was the biggest prob.

Yo!

I'm intrigued; are you?

R.

certainly wasn't hot. The start was warm and there was a berg wind in the morning...but apart from that..not it wasnt hot

by dropout - that is literally dropping out? or people that didnt finish

would love to see an age breakdown if it is people who climbed in buses.......