ScottCM

Are you only running here (as a sport)? or how are you fitting in cycling or whatever other training?

I applaud these distances, its a lesson in dedication.

Pretty much only running at the moment. Do strength work(GRUCOX) and the odd cycle, just don't have time to cycle as well. Started out in Oct 2016 with a goal to go Sub 7 this year after taking some time off the bike. So it is an all or nothing, no point in messing about and not being dedicated to that goal.  

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much only running at the moment. Do strength work(GRUCOX) and the odd cycle, just don't have time to cycle as well. Started out in Oct 2016 with a goal to go Sub 7 this year after taking some time off the bike. So it is an all or nothing, no point in messing about and not being dedicated to that goal.  

I think you can do it. You look very strong and fast... :thumbup:

I saw the ladies Comrades shirt at the OMTOM expo. It is not even pink, it is more a purple color. So I am not sure what all the whining is about.

I saw the ladies Comrades shirt at the OMTOM expo. It is not even pink, it is more a purple color. So I am not sure what all the whining is about.

Yup..4ee15fe1d6e10ae542678d4690cd3db5.jpg

Because it makes them feel better about themselves  :ph34r:

Caroline came in 118th in the women's @ 4:56, that's over an hour behind Gerda, possum  or not there this year with all her injuries?

Caroline came in 118th in the women's @ 4:56, that's over an hour behind Gerda, possum  or not there this year with all her injuries?

Looked to be a very relaxed slow training run for Caroline.

Looked to be a very relaxed slow training run for Caroline.

Yeah, I think she pretty much said as much... it's still a big worry though that she hasn't been able to race - that's when you find out where you really are in your prep.

Hoping she's on track though, Comrades is later this year as a bit of a plus for her, it would be great to have all the top ladies at the top of their game for Comrades

How many OMTOM winners went on to win comrades....men’s or ladies....in the same year?

#justlazyandwondering

No.. She cramped about 7km out and was overtaken just before the MTN mile

Oh yes, I forgot.... :oops:

Caroline did take the Omtom and Comrades in 2015, then Omtom again in 2016 and in the process of becoming the first to take both of them two years in a row, she decided to go for the down record as well and that is where she buggered it up in Comrades 2016.   But she, and a few others has omtom and Comrades in the same year.

Caroline did take the Omtom and Comrades in 2015, then Omtom again in 2016 and in the process of becoming the first to take both of them two years in a row, she decided to go for the down record as well and that is where she buggered it up in Comrades 2016.   But she, and a few others has omtom and Comrades in the same year.

The motorbike incident also did not help much... (Personal opinion, of course)

Yeah, I think she pretty much said as much... it's still a big worry though that she hasn't been able to race - that's when you find out where you really are in your prep.

Hoping she's on track though, Comrades is later this year as a bit of a plus for her, it would be great to have all the top ladies at the top of their game for Comrades

She even had time for the Ola Pop...

https://www.jetlineactionphoto.com/directview.php?v=&e=9924&se=3961&r=27316