ScottCM

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the miracle recovery!!  When body and mind fight, it can get there!!  Half the battle is won just getting recovered enough to get to the start line, you only got the easy bit, the run to do ;) Am sure by Sunday you will be up from 98% to 100%.  Have a great day out, for the both of you!!

Thanks Shaper, appreciated. Had a good laugh too at 'the easy bit, the run"  :lol: 

Definitely going to be cursing my poor prep many times on the day, but I also know from experience that at the end of it all, the pain and suffering are generally worth it.

Edited by Andrew Steer

Ping Barry/Jess - how are you guys?

Fantastic news on your Lazarus comeback! I'm still carrying a cold but definitely improving. Doc will make a call tomorrow. Jess... there's no point even asking Jess anymore, she'll run even if her leg falls off. How's Kim?

Race numbers:

Barry: 19079 (target: finish)

Jess: 39844 (target: 7:50)

Sjoe, it's been a bit of a rollercoaster... the antibiotics I took Monday, when feeling 90% healthy, did nothing, actually, made me worse I reckon - so it would appear I have a viral infection. By Tues night I was really not feeling great. Weds morn first thing I went to the doc, he jabbed me with a booster, prescribed some high end post nasal/sinusitis fighters (as that's where my main issues lie) and then he sent me off to the physio for sinusitis treatment - some lazer therapy, 5 pins in my forehead and cheekbones along with another two in my hands. Crazy that the moment those pins went in, my nose started to pour... finished off the session on the nebulizer. Felt like a bit of a science experiment, but have to admit I felt immediately a bit clearer.

Went home loaded up on drugs and tried to get some rest. By lunch time I felt very poorly though, even had a little dust attack in my bedroom when a mate sent me a Comrades 'gees' video - feeling pretty certain I wasn't going to make it to the start line. I went back to sleep after some lunch and midday meds and low and behold a couple hours later when I woke up I felt like a whole new person. Had the best nights sleep in some time as well and feeling pretty good this morning - I'd say 98% there... just a little nasal congestion, but a far throw from the last few days. Still dancing a little bit of a tight rope, but optimistic now I will be lining up on Sunday. 

Still a little test run to get through down in Durbs tomorrow, but feeling pretty confident it will be okay.

In the desperation to get myself better for this little trot I forgot my new shoes are only 1 run old! 8.8km's of 'running in'... I have at least been wearing them every single day for the last two weeks, but obviously not ideal. The other option is shoes with over 800kms in them, so the new guys it is! I'll need all the cushioning possible for the downhills.

Wife has also managed to pull it together in time, she did a little run yesterday and got through it feeling good. Really hoping she has a great run on the day.

Really glad to hear everyone else is getting things sorted and in place for the big day - travel safe, stay off your legs and enjoy the build up  :thumbup:

Looking forward to all the war stories

Run in your new shoes with the old in soles from your old shoe maybe?

Glad you are making it to the start!!

Anybody else starting in G batch?

I'll be starting with the wife in G, will keep an eye out for you. Just tricky finding people wrapped up for the cold in PMB

Prices for the official Comrades kit are far more reasonable this year. Shirts generally coming in at R399 and about R799 for the long sleeve/hoodie running tops, which is in line with store prices. The quality looks decent as well. Bad news on the caps if you didn't like last year's. They just hit the reprint button.

2538a61f780f40eb93c710c4760a312e.jpgbf61b46a28c317b2ccfae7b27d300bf3.jpgf60c01797c7bb293e0b2c967713f34be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Barry Stuart

Fantastic news on your Lazarus comeback! I'm still carrying a cold but definitely improving. Doc will make a call tomorrow. Jess... there's no point even asking Jess anymore, she'll run even if her leg falls off. How's Kim?

Race numbers:

Barry: 19079 (target: finish)

Jess: 39844 (target: 7:50)

Hope it's all okay tomorrow, will also make my final call after a short run tomorrow... Doc this side is happy it's nowhere near my chest, so at least that's positive.

Kim's good to go... still a bit worried about the foot, but she got through 8km's last night without any worries, so hopefully it holds.

Prices for the official Comrades kit are far more reasonable this year. Shirts generally coming in at R399 and about R799 for the long sleeve/hoodie running tops, which is in line with store prices. The quality looks decent as well. Bad news on the caps if toy didn't like last year's. They just hit the reprint button.

2538a61f780f40eb93c710c4760a312e.jpgbf61b46a28c317b2ccfae7b27d300bf3.jpgf60c01797c7bb293e0b2c967713f34be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a few Mizuno items, the quality I have found is very good. Pricing looks way more sensible... want to get myself a new hoody, my Reebok one from 2013 is on it's last legs

My mate has organised the comrades slops... He assures me they are good quality....I quite like the idea of comrades branded slops

I run with a guy that ran Comrades in slops a few years ago

Good luck all!!

I'll be supporting via the tracking app, from the beach...  :whistling:

Luckily we're not going through durbs anymore so there's no temptation to join the sickly-and-ailing-hubbers bus on the big day - although it sounds like a lot of you are getting back on track.

All the best!

Does anyone know if we can exchange the race shirts? The Medium is smaller than I usually wear.