ScottCM

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been able to concentrate for a week. I must have googled every down run tip I could find and worked out every single pacing permutation.

Haha I see I can't even spell properly. The word Hard missing completely and from became form

Feeling much better thanks Stretch. Did a couple of runs along the beachfront and feel 100%.

Awesome !!!

cos they cant sleep the night before??? :whistling:

And you have to wake up at 2 am on race day if you live on Durban's side.

Haven't been able to concentrate for a week. I must have googled every down run tip I could find and worked out every single pacing permutation.

They should really give all Comrades runners compassionate leave the week before Comrades. Believe me, you are not alone. You and 21 000 people feel exactly the same.

One of my colleagues acted bravely today. He picked a fight with me... It didn't end well for him.  ^_^

Hey guys - been holidaying this long weekend. Briefly saw that Ferret was doing some secret training with Gerda!

but.....also saw lots of sick/injured people....Haac...lexx..Jackes...Andrew...Andrew's wife...updates please

I went for more needles on Monday, almost cried like a baby. I asked the physio if anyone has ever started crying from his therapy. He laughed and said no. He did say he does not normally butcher his patients the way he is doing with me right now due to the time constraints.

Yesterday, I felt a bit better. I am feeling very stressed as I am aware of my glute all the time. I had a 5km treadmill run this morning to test my butt. The first kilometer I felt very stiff but it felt better after 10 minutes or so.  I am feeling a bit sore now, so the stress levels are very high. 

I am seeing the physio again tomorrow, for my last strapping. He said I will be ok on Sunday, I might feel pain but I cannot break anything.  :unsure:

I am concentrating on staying positive and healthy at the moment. Trying not to think of anything negative. 

Sunday can really come now.

Hey guys - been holidaying this long weekend. Briefly saw that Ferret was doing some secret training with Gerda!

but.....also saw lots of sick/injured people....Haac...lexx..Jackes...Andrew...Andrew's wife...updates please

Thanks Stretch.  I took the Zitromax once off against my normal beliefs on Monday and continued to overdose with everything else I normally do as well.  Had two good nights sleep and feel a lot better today.  I trust and belief I will be healthy and VERY VERY rested come Sunday for what will most probably be a very lonnggg day.  

For the record, I have done 673km from Jan I see...  :rolleyes:

While I am at it...numbers please so....

I already have the following favourited:

Haac, Lexx, Ferret, Andrew, Barry

Should we start a Google excel sheet with starting group and expected finishing time?  :whistling:

Should we start a Google excel sheet with starting group and expected finishing time?  :whistling:

that sounds way too complicated!

I'm still working tomorrow and can't wait , will be driving down Friday morning early. I'm looking forward to the fact that I will be on leave for a week even though I will most probably be in pain most of the time.

My number is 6849

Edited by Khronis

And you have to wake up at 2 am on race day if you live on Durban's side.

They should really give all Comrades runners compassionate leave the week before Comrades. Believe me, you are not alone. You and 21 000 people feel exactly the same.

One of my colleagues acted bravely today. He picked a fight with me... It didn't end well for him.  ^_^

I went for more needles on Monday, almost cried like a baby. I asked the physio if anyone has ever started crying from his therapy. He laughed and said no. He did say he does not normally butcher his patients the way he is doing with me right now due to the time constraints.

Yesterday, I felt a bit better. I am feeling very stressed as I am aware of my glute all the time. I had a 5km treadmill run this morning to test my butt. The first kilometer I felt very stiff but it felt better after 10 minutes or so.  I am feeling a bit sore now, so the stress levels are very high. 

I am seeing the physio again tomorrow, for my last strapping. He said I will be ok on Sunday, I might feel pain but I cannot break anything.  :unsure:

I am concentrating on staying positive and healthy at the moment. Trying not to think of anything negative. 

Sunday can really come now.

That will be me on Sunday, but even earlier than that. Will be catching a bus leaving from Amanzimtoti AC at 02h30am  :wacko:

That will be me on Sunday, but even earlier than that. Will be catching a bus leaving from Amanzimtoti AC at 02h30am  :wacko:

Yup, 02:30 in the road from Umhlanga as well...

We are also staying in Amanzimtoti. The bus is leaving at 3 am. At least you can try and sleep a bit on the bus, but normally you are way too nervous. It is a very long day.... but so worth it!