ScottCM

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be great even if it's just for quick hallo.

Im running the first halve at about 6:00min/km hoping this finish sub 10h

I'm hard to miss at 100kg [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll keep an eye out for you, that's very likely to be my pace for as long as I can manage it as well. Forgot to ask what shoes you'll be running in (that's my go-to identification method).

I'll be in RunZone colours. Hopefully catch some of you guys on the day. Well, not you A batch guys and girls.

post-63043-0-04941900-1527776577_thumb.jpg

I'm not one to jump on the jump on the social media bandwagon but the diabtribe coming from the "reporter"makes my blood boil.

Especially because of the serious allegations he is making in his article . He has no idea what Caroline is going through at the moment.

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/opinion/i-hope-the-comrades-elites-do-playfair-15193708

I tweeted him. It's bull.. He needs to be accountable for his words. He is basically saying she's a cheat. That's defamation of character right there

I tweeted him. It's bull.. He needs to be accountable for his words. He is basically saying she's a cheat. That's defamation of character right there

I don't get his tenuous logic behind Caroline withdrawing and then getting a random testing visit the next day. What's he trying to infer?

I don't get his tenuous logic behind Caroline withdrawing and then getting a random testing visit the next day. What's he trying to infer?

There's not a lot of logic behind much in his post really...

If she'd been tested the day before her withdrawal then maybe a hint of credence. 

Her withdrawal though was likely down to some injury, it's well noted she's been very quiet this year, and when athletes can't solve an injury and get desperate - that's when they sometimes do silly things they really shouldn't. SAIDS were possibly targeting that angle with their visit.

It is a worthwhile question to ask, the doping one, any endurance sport should be heavily scrutinized, but you can't just throw accusations out there with zero basis, else you are already losing all credibility... 

I'm not sure this guy is really even a journalist, an article like this can cause you a few problems I reckon. 

Why would she post all over social media she had to do a drug test if she had something to hide?

Well, I am not a fan of busses in general.

Agree 100% with that, entrants need to adhere to a 'code of conduct' with regards to participating in buses when they accept the T&C of a race, e.g. keep 2 - 3m open at one side, limit the use of whistles, etc etc.  In general - consider other runners (especially at water points) 

(Personally I think some bus passengers are temporarily 'brain-dead' while running in a bus, it is as if the thought process has stopped   :devil:  )

There will be a whole plethora of buses this year, 14 of them between 10:00-12:00!

http://www.modernathlete.co.za/stories/meet-your-2018-comrades-pacesetters

I remember my first Comrades in 2014. It was a down run. When I came into Pinetown I literally had nothing left in the tank. The sub 11-hour bus came past me and I thought well I am now definitely not going to make it. I finished in 10:54...

Busses just make me nervous for no apparent reason. 

(Another tip for the novices out there. Run your own race. If a bus helps and you can keep up with their pace, great! If you can't keep up, don't exhaust yourself to try and keep up with them. Don't stress about it, some of the bus drivers don't make it in the final kilometers)

So I have unfortunately joined the injured / sick Comrades bandwagon. The chiro sessions have helped tremendously with my nausea but my glute is causing serious butt pain. I had another chiro session this morning and nothing seems to help for the pain. I am going for dry needling tomorrow (got an emergency appointment, I think the physio could hear the panic in my voice)... I hope I haven't left it too late.

How are the rest of you doing?