ScottCM

A lot of effort and stress when you can just pick up a sub in Feb.

No stress really, apply, get in, cool... if not, no worries and yes many subs will be available....

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja, weirdly saw a buddy got an entry and asked if the half entries have been drawn yet. He said he got an entry for the full... I think he has to start doing some running training. He has done 0 Oceans, don't think he's ever even done a marathon and to my knowledge not an ASA member - more into cross-fit, etc. That's why I assumed he tried for the half. So how he got picked with supposedly only a draw for 7+ finishers, I am absolutely stumped.

Haven't heard anything, but not all that fussed. Would like to do it, but if not, then I can ride and run ALL Easter weekend!  :w00t:  Or maybe do the trail, but see that is "under review".

Edited by SeaBee

Haaaahahaha! Darn, you guys caught me...  :whistling:

Except that vaporfly don't go with a Salomon cap. Stretch, I thought more of your fashion sense.  :ph34r: 

Edited by SeaBee

To further baffle me - they now had the one vest I was looking at in stock in a size that should fit me. Not the colour I'd prefer, but apparently they do not come in pink. 

I still consider myself primarily a cyclist who tries to run a bit, as running is way less admin than riding a bike and time wise its bang-for-buck.

I managed to sneak a finish in this jogging race on the weekend UTCT 100km. Its a bit like the Epic early years vibe - loads of foreigners - but none of the corporate/ celeb entry BS. Really nice to jog along with the locals and visitors and see how much they marvel at our playground - we are really blessed to live here.

Lots of serious looking runners there - at registration lots of people looked at me skeef at 95kg - like at the Argus expo when you dont shave your legs and you collect an A number.

I guess like most proper endurance events - the legs are important, but the heart and mind are where the magic is. 

I still consider myself primarily a cyclist who tries to run a bit, as running is way less admin than riding a bike and time wise its bang-for-buck.

I managed to sneak a finish in this jogging race on the weekend UTCT 100km. Its a bit like the Epic early years vibe - loads of foreigners - but none of the corporate/ celeb entry BS. Really nice to jog along with the locals and visitors and see how much they marvel at our playground - we are really blessed to live here.

Lots of serious looking runners there - at registration lots of people looked at me skeef at 95kg - like at the Argus expo when you dont shave your legs and you collect an A number.

I guess like most proper endurance events - the legs are important, but the heart and mind are where the magic is.

That is when incredible achievement. Well done. You must have come in close to ben Parkes then who snuck in with 15 minute to spare. Ben is a popular running blogger.. So look out for his channel.. You may feature!