ScottCM

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! Indeed yes.... But wanting to do something vs doing something are 2 different things!

Did Samantha Gash make it to Diemers in the end?

Not sure about Sam gash, but in 2003 they did make it the whole way on foot. 57 days!

Chappies/oukaaps or something spicier

My guess would be that they want to keep Chappies and that change would be something involving Main Road. Possibly a slightly different start (or finish for that matter if they wanted to move away from UCT).

Problem with Chappies is unrest in Hout Bay but I can;t imagine they would move away from the chappies route if they could help it

https://www.runnersworld.co.za/news/oceans-may-not-survive-beyond-2020-says-race-founder/

this was 12 December - has the formal response come (or been made public)?

In response, Two Oceans Race Director Debra Barnes forwarded a mail sent to Evans in which she acknowledged a letter sent to her, ‘and one other’, that she forwarded to all board members of the Two Oceans Marathon on October 9. She confirmed that the board would meet and offer a formal response to Evans’ assertions.

Rumour of change in route.

Some people have picked up the route markers en route have changed. Rumour is up Edingborough drive and down the M3. 

Some people have picked up the route markers en route have changed. Rumour is up Edingborough drive and down the M3. 

Like the 56km mark is at the Newlands Fire Base...

With the start being moved to where?

The bottom of paradise motors?

I'm ok with change. 

2km more is hardly worth crying over, especially if they keep the 07:30 hours cut off they set last year for the 50 year anniversary.

I'm ok with change. 

2km more is hardly worth crying over, especially if they keep the 07:30 hours cut off they set last year for the 50 year anniversary.

Unless you are on the cusp of a medal but ya otherwise no real issue is it as long as we still get to run chappies (fingers crossed)

Unless you are on the cusp of a medal but ya otherwise no real issue is it as long as we still get to run chappies (fingers crossed)

Nah, I'm 100% sure they will adjust the silver time to accommodate it. Not sure about the bronze/blue but a sub 6 definitely got tougher. 

Imagine we ran M3 then boyes!

That would be rad

Yup 2 oceans silver is super difficult..2 extra kms would literally halve the number of silvers achieved... If not more.. It also would mean I would have missed that next one (the blue medal?) Based upon my one and only 2 oceans I've run

Nah, I'm 100% sure they will adjust the silver time to accommodate it. Not sure about the bronze/blue but a sub 6 definitely got tougher. 

Imagine we ran M3 then boyes!

That would be rad

I doubt they will change silver time.

Comrades has never changed the 7:30 cut off as far as I know and the route changes slightly often.