ScottCM

#ZweliMkhize has clarified the issue of people jogging or walking dogs during the #SouthAfricaLockdown. It is prefered you stay home, but...(1)
12:24 PM · Mar 25, 2020·Twitter for Android

htarx2bz_bigger.jpg

Replying to
(2)...if you must exercise, jogging must be done over short distances and individually (not in groups). There should also be no interaction with other joggers/walkers.

https://twitter.com/NationalNhi/status/1242759273710522369

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Short Distances. So prob only around the house or complex. Def not 20km's. So it looks like i will be running up and down our complex come Friday.

#ZweliMkhize has clarified the issue of people jogging or walking dogs during the #SouthAfricaLockdown. It is prefered you stay home, but...(1)

12:24 PM · Mar 25, 2020·Twitter for Android

1 Retweet

1 Like

htarx2bz_bigger.jpg

National Health Insurance - NHI

@NationalNhi

· 1h

Replying to

@NationalNhi

(2)...if you must exercise, jogging must be done over short distances and individually (not in groups). There should also be no interaction with other joggers/walkers.

https://twitter.com/NationalNhi/status/1242759273710522369

Where there is a will there's a way... depends on the level of desperation

https://www.google.c...french-lockdown

In the age of Covid-19 confinement, Elisha Nochomovitz has figured out a way to keep occupied by running a marathon on his balcony.

Nochomovitz ran 42.2km (26.2 miles) back and forth, never leaving his 7 metre-long (23 feet) balcony.

He saw it as a physical and mental challenge, and also shared images of the feat online as a way to extend his support to medical personnel who were doing an “exceptional job”, he told Associated Press from his apartment in Balma, a suburb of the southern French city of Toulouse.

Where there is a will there's a way... depends on the level of desperation

https://www.google.c...french-lockdown

In the age of Covid-19 confinement, Elisha Nochomovitz has figured out a way to keep occupied by running a marathon on his balcony.

Nochomovitz ran 42.2km (26.2 miles) back and forth, never leaving his 7 metre-long (23 feet) balcony.

He saw it as a physical and mental challenge, and also shared images of the feat online as a way to extend his support to medical personnel who were doing an “exceptional job”, he told Associated Press from his apartment in Balma, a suburb of the southern French city of Toulouse.

Been shared approximately 73 times already on various threads  :P

Been shared approximately 73 times already on various threads  :P

Its marathon sharing

Sorri I'm busy working my ass off and don't have time to read ALL those corona threads n all

Its marathon sharing

Sorri I'm busy working my ass off and don't have time to read ALL those corona threads n all

I'll let you off with a warning...

CMA will not be allowed to go ahead if their Event Risk Categorisation is cancelled, by the SAPS. They risk a fine and/or imprisonment, based on conditions listed in the Act.

Deep in a Comrades program. Short distance = 20km.????

Forget about the comrades marathon. It will not happen. Doing my last 30km run tomorrow before lockdown

I see comrades took down their post they posted today to say they are in lockdown. They copped so much flack that all the comments were negative

Forget about the comrades marathon. It will not happen. Doing my last 30km run tomorrow before lockdown

Just because Comrades won't happen doesn't mean you should stop training. I will stick to my schedule as long as possible, if it's postponed then I will be ready, if it's canceled I will do Skyrun.

I'm going to eat sleep drink all in excessive quantities but in no particular order for the next 3 weeks. No ways for me to stay fit. No indoor training and running 100 laps around my pool is not my idea of enjoyment.

Ramping up the milage to 100km weeks for Comrades did introduce a niggle or two from my own stupidity so I recon complete rest is the best medicine to get those sorted.

Lots of jump rope skipping and resistance cords/band work for me as well as spinning on the smart trainer

I'm going to eat sleep drink all in excessive quantities but in no particular order for the next 3 weeks. No ways for me to stay fit. No indoor training and running 100 laps around my pool is not my idea of enjoyment.

Ramping up the milage to 100km weeks for Comrades did introduce a niggle or two from my own stupidity so I recon complete rest is the best medicine to get those sorted.

If you got to 100k weeks you will still be fitter than most runners after 3 weeks of wine and couch.