ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entered as well..

Do you need to take a screenshot of everytime you run a 2km or just your total mileage at the end of the three weeks?

I entered, not to keep myself fit but to keep myself busy. 

It is going to be an obstacle course with my dogs  ^_^  

I will have to measure one lap around my yard, I don't think it is a 100 meters.

(I see a beer mile 2 km every day coming) 

from their Facebook post:

Mzansi Lockdown Marathon Challenge Rules & Regulations

1. Please be aware that this is an informal and fun challenge designed to help us runners and ALL South Africans through the very tough times ahead. The objective is to inspire some running, to have some fun while we are locked down at home, to support each other and our wonderful running communities around the country, and to express solidarity with each other, our government who have stepped up to an incredibly difficult task, and of course all of the essential workers out there at risk. It is NOT a race.
2. Please be patient with us Organisers as we strive to answer every question and to resolve all issues as fast as we can 1f642.png:-)
3. Everything is informal BUT we will prioritise the purchases of all physical medals and/or collector's items race shirts so that everybody gets what they paid for!
4. The Challenge officially starts at midnight on Thursday night with the Lockdown. Technically 00h01 on Friday 27 March 2020.
5. The Challenge officially ends at midnight on Thursday 16 April 2020, the official expiry of the Lockdown period 21 days later. The Challenge will officially end at this time irrespective of any further measures that may still need tf be implemented at this time.
6. The Challenge is completed by successfully running / walking / crawling (but NOT cycling) a total distance of 42.2km in the Lockdown period.
7. Participants are free to set their own pace. You can run 2km per day every day, 42.2km on one day, or anything in between.
8. Participants are free to run more than the marathon distance of 42.2km. Ultra runners will be congratulated but will receive the same medal as all other successful Challenge runners.
9. It is the responsibility of each participant to keep their own records. As an informal Challenge, ALL legible and understandable records will be accepted, including notes from spouses and mothers. This is not restricted to runners with tracking devices. If you cheat you only cheat yourself.
10. Records must be submitted at the end of the Challenge and the Lockdown period. We are exploring setting up a more formal record-submission platform, but the the absence of that records must just be submitted via the event Facebook page or FB Messenger .
11. There are no age restrictions. In fact we encourage kids of all ages to participate. Dogs may be entered and have records submitted on their behalf. ALL successful participants will receive a virtual medal.
12. Participants are encouraged to share their experiences, their distance achievements, their unique course challenges, their photographs and their videos.
13. Please note that there will be no mid-race tracking or leaderboards. It is NOT a race.
14. Entries will be accepted all the way to the last day of the Challenge. That would just mean you would HAVE to run a full marathon at home on that one day to qualify for a medal.
15. The Organisers accept no responsibility for any acts of stupidity, bravado or clumsiness that result in injury or embarrassment. We do however reserve the right to use any video footage thereof 1f603.png:-D
16. The Organisers' decision in respect of any issue whatsoever is final!
17. Have fun, stay safe, stay healthy, STAY HOME! Look after yourselves, support each other, and Together We Will FLATTEN THE CURVE!
Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika

Just did a speed test 6.5km in 29 min. Going to try strength training and a lot of sleep for 21 days will then try again. Wonder if I will loose or gain speed. 

So I feel really guilty because I am allowed to still run... Hardly come across a sole when I run

Shall I join you all in solidarity and run around my 12 x 6 back garden for the next 21 days [emoji23]

Day 1 lockdown - what I have learnt.  My complex roads loop is approx 600m, Did a 7km run this morning with tempo sprints.  Tried to finish of with skipping..... I suck at skipping!!  :lol: