ScottCM

I am also considering a half marathon. My lap length is 120 m , that will be 175 laps.

My Garmin is not very accurate in the garden, my avg pace is 10 min a km, which is definitely not correct. That means I will end up running 32 km.

I will need a serious playlist to keep me company.

The weather prediction is perfect for running a long run this weekend.

Try running with your Garmin set on indoor running. If your normal pace vs cadence is consistent then it will be spot on and you wont get gps fluctuations.

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly the number of back yard laps and people who running who don't run the rest of the year is a joke.

Remember Strava took a lot of time and money to build a special feature to protect your house privacy yet every single runner feels the need to prove to the world they are still running and show a map of, well, their house.

I have said it before, I will say it again. As a Geospatial expert, Strava is a criminals dream, they just don't know it yet.

Pick up patterns as to when you are home or not based on when you are running/cycling which also indicates work patterns. Add to it a list of who has what bikes stored where...

Do it Stretch and Hacc. It isn't that bad. Ha ha

I actually also listened to the whole Neil Diamond's Hot August Night album lol

Edited by Lexx

Am going to do the IMVR race this weekend, 5km garden, 90km IDT, 21km garden :)

IRONMAN VR1
In celebration of the launch of the IRONMAN VIRTUAL CLUB, IRONMAN VR1 will be open to the entire IRONMAN athlete community. Run 5 km, bike 90 km, and run 21 km between 6 pm GMT on Friday, April 3 and 11:59 pm GMT on April 5 to finish the first ever IRONMAN® Virtual Racing Series race!

Honestly the number of back yard laps and people who running who don't run the rest of the year is a joke.

Remember Strava took a lot of time and money to build a special feature to protect your house privacy yet every single runner feels the need to prove to the world they are still running and show a map of, well, their house.

I have said it before, I will say it again. As a Geospatial expert, Strava is a criminals dream, they just don't know it yet.

Pick up patterns as to when you are home or not based on when you are running/cycling which also indicates work patterns. Add to it a list of who has what bikes stored where...

Yea I honestly don't care who knows where I stay.

Rough neighbourhood they should be affraid

[emoji23]

Running a marathon on a treadmill is something you only do once. Things got really stupid after 25km.

Phew that must have been mentally challenging, well done

Other than mental ones, did you have any different aches n pains compared to running normally outside?

I’d expect the road pounding effect will be less on a treadmill, but wondering about other issues as a result of not being used to running such long times on a treadmill?

Phew that must have been mentally challenging, well done

Other than mental ones, did you have any different aches n pains compared to running normally outside?

I’d expect the road pounding effect will be less on a treadmill, but wondering about other issues as a result of not being used to running such long times on a treadmill?

Physically its easier than a road marathon, mentally its just insane, time just doesn’t pass.

No niggles, I was afraid of injuries, so I did a few 10ks and a 21 before this. I did play around with speed and incline throughout to prevent anything repetitive.

Strange, Our estate is in full lockdown, no visitors or deliveries allowed in. The police were called the first night when someone tried to bring in a worker after lockdown. I like it.

I tested my running loops around the woods. I need to do about 20 loops for a marathon. I managed 8 and had had enough

Dave, on that note, A very good friend of mine has delivered plenty of seminars world wide on how STRAVA is one social media platform that can put you, your family and your possessions in danger. 

I stopped making STRAVAs a while ago. It's all just too much back patting for me. And before anyone says 'But I use it as a training tool bla bla' then go private. 

I get that some people need the validation and the constant competition on segments with others, but I don't understand the social media 'like' networks. When I was still on STRAVA there were dudes giving me kudo's for every run and ride I did but wouldn't even greet me in person if I saw them in real life.

I see ZWIFT has become the new social media follow4follow platform during the lockdown.

I might sound like I'm ranting but I'm not actually emotionally invested in this, just sharing my views on a big part of our culture in a world that is absolutely topsy turvey right now..... I feel like I'm living in the UpsideDown!

Dave, on that note, A very good friend of mine has delivered plenty of seminars world wide on how STRAVA is one social media platform that can put you, your family and your possessions in danger. 

I stopped making STRAVAs a while ago. It's all just too much back patting for me. And before anyone says 'But I use it as a training tool bla bla' then go private. 

I get that some people need the validation and the constant competition on segments with others, but I don't understand the social media 'like' networks. When I was still on STRAVA there were dudes giving me kudo's for every run and ride I did but wouldn't even greet me in person if I saw them in real life.

I see ZWIFT has become the new social media follow4follow platform during the lockdown.

I might sound like I'm ranting but I'm not actually emotionally invested in this, just sharing my views on a big part of our culture in a world that is absolutely topsy turvey right now..... I feel like I'm living in the UpsideDown!

Hmm ja some good points and food for thought

For me I like to see (“spy” ) what my mates are up to.... and I guess vice versa

I did turn off the notifications, they were irritating

Hmm ja some good points and food for thought

For me I like to see (“spy” ) what my mates are up to.... and I guess vice versa

I did turn off the notifications, they were irritating

The main take away is how obviously it points out your habits in detail

Where you go, where you go from, when you go and generally for how long..... Your route, your preferred stops, where your house is (or area).. Now couple that with the pictures and public social media and people can see HOW you live, what type of accessories/bikes etc you have and and and....

It is a minefield.