ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry. The Norwegian road record...I should have mentioned that

Aah ok , that explains it. Didn't realize there was any other sporting events taking place apart from Bundesliga

Aah ok , that explains it. Didn't realize there was any other sporting events taking place apart from Bundesliga

It's been designed to be run with social distancing in mind and to try break the nowegian record. On at 8pm European time tonight... Don't ask me how you would watch it!

Slight correction...Jakob has a 13:02 on the track.. And today he is looking to beat the road record of 13:37.. Which he ultimately will

He was pretty much running that pace at Ineos 159, so you would expect him to get it done. Especially since he has called it out. 

There have been a few triathletes who have also cycled at world tour level.

Currently you have Cameron Wurf who came 5th at the Hawaii ironman last year and is currently cycling world tour races for Ineos.

There have been a few triathletes who have also cycled at world tour level.

Currently you have Cameron Wurf who came 5th at the Hawaii ironman last year and is currently cycling world tour races for Ineos.

To nit pick though, he was a pro cyclist first, then went to tri (and yes, now sort of back)

In other news - UTMB was just cancelled too. They can get half their entry refunded. And it seems keep your entry slot for next (or the following) years event. It was going to be end of Aug.

(Still a bucket-lister for me)

Depending on the amount of support you need, you can look at Ravenna as well. Light support, but fantastic shoe. Not many other brands has this type of support shoe.

Just bought a pair of Ravenna 10's on sale for £68 including postage. If they don't work then fine.. Not a big loss. I have run in ghost 6's before and they were great except for a slight rub.. So let's hope these don't have that same rub. I am an 11 and was tempted to go for a 11.5 because of this but then ultimately decided to stick with the size I know

In other news - UTMB was just cancelled too. They can get half their entry refunded. And it seems keep your entry slot for next (or the following) years event. It was going to be end of Aug.

(Still a bucket-lister for me)

Oh yes, but failing entry into it, then the CCC. Strangely enough I have absolutely zero desire to do the TDS, go figure.  

Just bought a pair of Ravenna 10's on sale for £68 including postage. If they don't work then fine.. Not a big loss. I have run in ghost 6's before and they were great except for a slight rub.. So let's hope these don't have that same rub. I am an 11 and was tempted to go for a 11.5 because of this but then ultimately decided to stick with the size I know

Please give feedback, I would love to hear what you think of them.  The few guys that I know of in them really love them. 

I presume the 6 was 9 right, IIRC?  FWIW I did not get that same spot irritation from 10 up to the 12's now so hope you don't either yes.

Edited by Jackes

RD has provided the proof, and its a crazy fast time. He was always going to take flack for it, a damned if you do, damned if you don't. He will definitely have created some hype around himself and maybe got the competition thinking a little. Which if that was his aim, he has achieved it.

As somebody pointed out. The Ingebritson brothers haven't done that on the track yet.

Two things that need to be Q on his run.

• It is not a measured course
  • It was a rolling start
  • He was moto* paced
The course could have been short or long, so he could just as easily been even quicker. But it is hard to claim PB on your GPS only. A quick comparison: his gps shows -15m avg elevation and topo maps show avg of +9m

Rolling start makes a huge difference, just ask anybody trying to hit a target pace on an interval.

Moto pacing also helps massively, yes in a race you get to draft other athletes but this is generally not as efficient and then tactics come into play.

People are going to question it, and at some point they look like D!ckheads for being trolls. It was a good even a great effort but with the above he doesn't come out clean either.

My position, take it for what it is. A really great training run that shows how much damage he can do to his competition. Move on.

Everything you mentioned is what makes his run interesting. It go people thinking and discussing.

Personally I think the run itself is pretty legit. The 4 turns probably made up for the rolling start. Keeping your pace and rhythm going around a corner at 2:45 pace cant be easy.

My position, take it for what it is. A really great training run that shows how much damage he can do to his competition.  Move on.

This.

Murray at no stage said that he is going for this record or that record or to be quicker than SA pro runners. 

He simply said he is going for his PB. Each person's PB is tailored to themselves - my personal best on a local climb starts after a stop street whereas someone else's might begin when the gradient goes from 0% to 0.05%.

If he wanted to go down in the record books and stated it before he began, then sure - organise the necessary arrangements to be legit. These twitter warriors are just knobs that can't appreciate a man that just wants to better himself.

**Side note - if it is in fact seen as a legit SA record - then bonus for Murray! - take it up with the authorities that deemed it legit, don't tune the individuak k*k 

This.

Murray at no stage said that he is going for this record or that record or to be quicker than SA pro runners. 

He simply said he is going for his PB. Each person's PB is tailored to themselves - my personal best on a local climb starts after a stop street whereas someone else's might begin when the gradient goes from 0% to 0.05%.

If he wanted to go down in the record books and stated it before he began, then sure - organise the necessary arrangements to be legit. These twitter warriors are just knobs that can't appreciate a man that just wants to better himself.

**Side note - if it is in fact seen as a legit SA record - then bonus for Murray! - take it up with the authorities that deemed it legit, don't tune the individuak k*k 

my feelings exactly.

It is not like he wanted his run to be ratified in official records or anything like that.

Please give feedback, I would love to hear what you think of them. The few guys that I know of in them really love them.

I presume the 6 was 9 right, IIRC? FWIW I did not get that same spot irritation from 10 up to the 12's now so hope you don't either yes.

8s actually..I just checked

The one thing that concerns me slightly is they're not recommended for marathons... But I'll first get a feel for them and make my own decision

Edited by Stretch

So I picked up a pair of Brooks ghost 12 at sportsman's warehouse on Saturday. These were to replace my NB hierro 5s on the tar. I was pleasantly surprised by the shop assistants knowledge and he helped me get the right size, non of this half size for width nonsense! They were also on special which was a bonus! They feel great on my wide feet, and the fit is very similar to the hierros (a 2E fit) which I love. Came close to a PR on this mornings run, on very tired legs! I'm really enjoying the road running, but man, I'm missing the mountain!