Motorcycles + Two-strokes + IOMTT talk

nathrix

There was a Yamaha Dealership in Gauteng with a whole bunch of bikes still in crates - Banshee, Blaster, YW100. He's closed down now, but if I know the character, those bikes are still crated and now in his garage!

And going off topic a bit, but there is a pre-production 1998 R1 test bike in the Yamaha factory in Pinetown.  It was sent out in 1997 for testing, and was meant to be taken out into the harbour and dropped overboard.  But they didn't do it......

Doesn't even have engine or frame numbers.  To a collector, that bike is worth a fortune.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a Yamaha Dealership in Gauteng with a whole bunch of bikes still in crates - Banshee, Blaster, YW100. He's closed down now, but if I know the character, those bikes are still crated and now in his garage!

And going off topic a bit, but there is a pre-production 1998 R1 test bike in the Yamaha factory in Pinetown.  It was sent out in 1997 for testing, and was meant to be taken out into the harbour and dropped overboard.  But they didn't do it......

Doesn't even have engine or frame numbers.  To a collector, that bike is worth a fortune.

If I threw a stone really hard I'd hit their roof from my house........

• 3 weeks later...

She gets vanilla.... You get racing odour!!

Two-Stroke Smoke Candle

So getting your hands on a two-stroke can be a little difficult (and expensive) these days, but if you're a true die-hard fan who pines for that oily aroma, Flying Tiger Motorcycles from Maplewood, Missouri, has just the thing.

The Two-Stroke Smoke Candle is made with real live two-stroke oil with "high-octane fragrance." It costs $20 and we bet you can legally light it up even in California ... plus the rest of us won't have to put up with the fumes.

Edited by Grebel

I might have to go buy a bottle of premix and make some candles this weekend.....

Anybody got some old stock of TTS with racing odour lying around....

Those are the candles my wife needs to light if she wants to get me into the "mood".

I used to have a DT125LC. ( back in 96/97) What a lovely bike, I bought it as scrap, for R700-00 and did a nut and bolt re-build.

The bike went like the clappers (used to keep up with the TZR's of the time)