Motorcycles + Two-strokes + IOMTT talk

nathrix

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They were testing it at last years Roof. Very low key. Ex-Yamaha mate of mine who is now with KTM says it's bloody amazing. You start it up in the morning, runs like **** for about 20s before it sets itself and then its perfectly tuned. And used about half the fuel that the old Carb bikes did...

They were testing it at last years Roof. Very low key. Ex-Yamaha mate of mine who is now with KTM says it's bloody amazing. You start it up in the morning, runs like **** for about 20s before it sets itself and then its perfectly tuned. And used about half the fuel that the old Carb bikes did...

just hope it has the same 2 stroke smell and sound.... 

• 3 weeks later...

Our very own AJ Venter for those who didn't know...Btw IOMTT 2017 starts 27th of May.

"After the Isle of Man TT races, the Macau Grand Prix must rate as one of the most insane locations for a race track anywhere in the world and the men who race there must be equally as insane. Or are they? A chat to South African TT star, AJ Venter, about his exploits there".

The BMW HP4 Race is exactly what the label says, a racing version of the S1000 RR superbike, a streetbike in name only of which just 750 examples will be hand-built in BMW Motorrad’s Spandau skunk works to satisfy FIA eligibility requirements.

The BMW HP4 Race will be available in South Africa in very limited numbers from September 2017. Price will be announced closer to launch.

post-4329-0-72031200-1492626576_thumb.jpg

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

Nice.  :thumbup:

BUT......

Is it a two stroke?  :whistling:  :ph34r:

The BIG question is...will one or two of the BMW HP4 Race be made available/ready at the IOMTT this year... :clap: :w00t: :whistling: :oops:

• 1 month later...

Sad for the TT is that McGuiness is crocked.

Honestly,ink he was nearing retirement. Last few years the young guns have been klapping him a bit.

He is probably the best rider, better than Dunlop or all the other greats.

Honestly,ink he was nearing retirement. Last few years the young guns have been klapping him a bit.

He is probably the best rider, better than Dunlop or all the other greats.

I agree that McGuiness is probably the best ever TT rider.

I often wonder how Joey would have done with today's tyre technology. During his (Joey's) pomp, the bikes had much more power than the tyres could handle.

Which made his abilities all the more amazing.

Edit: left out a word.

Edited by cfcjim

Our very own AJ Venter for those who didn't know...Btw IOMTT 2017 starts 27th of May.

"After the Isle of Man TT races, the Macau Grand Prix must rate as one of the most insane locations for a race track anywhere in the world and the men who race there must be equally as insane. Or are they? A chat to South African TT star, AJ Venter, about his exploits there".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVdLd5DtW_E

Damn. First rugby, now bike racing. What a talent. Braaap!!