Scott SA duck and diving the warranty claim

Kelson Elena Da Cruz

Carbon frames can crack when JRA. Not all voids are detected during qc.

A pic of the offending area would help with offering appropriate insights

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow did you just have your third cup of java

cause you very agitated for so early in the am

the correct way is to go thru the process and accept the outcome

then if you truly belive you are being screwed

create a post

with dates names the process followed who spoke to whom what was said

and the official statement from the company as to why they wont honour and pictures  etc

and why you believe they should have

scott don't just say no they give reasons based on a world of experience

as you can read above the aren't trying to save bucks on one frame replacement

don't just come on here with your version and say others are wrong

theres yours side- theres the other side and in the middle some truth

always the same on here oh someone said such ill jump on the bandwagon because I don't care about truth or justice ill just believe some anonymous person who only joined this forum to complain about something ....

Agree with you. (Except for the two sentences :P)

OP take notice. That's if you are ever going to come back to this thread after your single post.

Carbon frames can crack when JRA. Not all voids are detected during qc.

A pic of the offending area would help with offering appropriate insights

true. But not very often without any help... 

Haha... You guys are asking the OP questions, as if they're ever going to be on here again...

Not that I'm anybody, but I can vouch for the OP. I'm sure he'll reply at some point today. He's prob out riding.

I'd say that if you have a grief like this, you'll have significant photographic evidence of the crack itself, and explain how it happened. Carbon frames don't just crack on the TT by "just riding along" and when it comes to loading them on particular styles of bike rack and / or repair stand, you can over-torque the clamps and  cause stress to those areas.,

Essentially - pics, motivation, clamping style etc

Agreed 100%

But people who are new to the hub do not know this. (He will soon when he returns, shame)

I cracked my scott frame, I was not very happy to find out that the warranty is limited to 3 years. I could potentially be only doing a few thousand km's per year or tens of thousands. last time I buy scott

He said it cracked when he started an interval.

At this point the frame is loaded heavily in torsion. Most of the load is in the downtube but the top tube is twisting.

Also the top tube takes a lot of strain since shock forces are directed through it as well bending forces from the seat post.

Any void in the material will create a stress riser and lead to cracking.

I don't understand the need to berate the guy just because it's his first few posts.

Yesterday hubbers got the hell in because someone gota shamboking but it appears that hubbers Love to deliver a cyber shjam boking at anyone they don't agree with.

Keep it civil

Maybe they should add our required minimum facts to this:

Before you rant: Has a reasonable attempt been made to resolve the issue directly with the party concerned?

If this is the first the other party will hear of your negative experience we strongly encourage you to engage them directly and seek resolution offline prior to posting here.
If you do post your grievances here be sure to provide thorough context and be factual

Hell, make it an active form with required fields hehe

Can't believe no-one has brought up the 'infamous' CPA yet and then TW's standard response .... I am disappoint  :whistling:

Weren't you supposed to be making some big noise about the noise made by the big-bladed one?