USN joins Absa Cape Epic sponsor family

News bot

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahanottachancemethinks! ;)

If that is the case then I'm the guy riding with the pocket sized Soda Stream on my back  :huh:

I'm surprised that the Epic has stooped this low, and it supports many comments over recent years about the spiraling commercialization of this event.  I'm sure the full time model and alleged snake-oil salesman paid a bucket-load to get associated with the Epic.  Smells like the heat and competition are increasing.

As for Nonky and his need for a great goody bag, you get a much better deal at Reggies for less money that the race entry! Other people enter for the race

Seems like the first move by the new Epic CEO was taking USN on board. Absa, USN and Cape Epic all in one big ménage à trois.... eish...

Seems like the first move by the new Epic CEO was taking USN on board. Absa, USN and Cape Epic all in one big ménage à trois.... eish...

Vermark's masterstroke will be, underwritten by Absa, to become a licensed financial service provider, and offer structured financial packages to make your wee run around the winelands more affordable...Ts and Cs apply...

Vermark's masterstroke will be, underwritten by Absa, to become a licensed financial service provider, and offer structured financial packages to make your wee run around the winelands more affordable...Ts and Cs apply...

And preferential/guaranteed entry to all takers?

Maybe everyone will get some free oxygenated water, can never have too much of that stuff!!!!

WE'VE ADDED A FREE OXYGEN MOLECULE FOR EVERY TWO HYDROGEN ONES!

Edited by Radman

Yoh...but the pitchfork brigade is in full force.

On a side note...i once tried to put together a multi day event. Without sponsors its impossible.

You might not like USN. But at least they are financially contributing to events and this gives us opportunities to ride.

Remember the old saying...if you dont have anything nice to say. Don't say anything.

When the marketing bumph says 'New Di-hydrogen Oxide - our untapped resource' they will have gone too far. But sponsors are needed for events.

Sign of the times, corporate sponsorship is very very hard to come by, I expect it is a major challenge for Mr Vermaak, local corporates just dont have the budget he requires, relatively limited international exposure generated by the event, means little international interest outside of the cycling community. Doug Ryder on the other hand has just hit the big leagues, a serious coup in DD and Deloitte. Doug probably even had to buy himself a suit;).

(if we are being critical, even everyone's favourite race organisers took money from Bridge for a couple of years, but that seemed fine then)

Yoh...but the pitchfork brigade is in full force.

On a side note...i once tried to put together a multi day event. Without sponsors its impossible.

You might not like USN. But at least they are financially contributing to events and this gives us opportunities to ride.

Remember the old saying...if you dont have anything nice to say. Don't say anything.

Nothing wrong with them sponsoring the event as far as I'm concerned, glad they're putting money into the sport and sport in general. The criticism is kinda funny though because they brought it upon themselves by trying to sue that guy.

Edited by Radman

Thanks goodness - Energade in 2015 was just terrible.

Perhaps nobody saying it - Energade causes non-stop farts.

What would you make of advertising bumpf that declared a product to be "scientifically proven to reduce flatulence before, during and after exercise"?

There is - called Brooklax.

Can't afford to be flatulent once taken

Ja, and its effectiveness can be accurately measured comparatively by using average speeds between portaloos...

Have to come up with a catchy name though...ProLax? EpicLax? EnduroLax? NRG-Lax? Crea-Lax? H2O-Lax*?

*I think for this one you could just bottle straight out of many of the country's waterways... 

Edited by Tumbleweed