[Event] 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SE 25km/h

Edit: Only time i'm allowed to lie (weather forecasting)

Wind guru agrees till Thursday . What till Thursday for a 10 day forecast which in Cape Town holds as much truth as Zuptas SONA

Would it be advisable to change from MTB tyres to slicks for the Argus and if so what would the estimated improvement in average speed be?

Based on my experience roughly a 10% improvement. You have to weigh this against the scorn you will get from "real" mtb'ers scolding you for defacing your precious mtb with ugly slicks.

I don't really have a good seeding this year and I'll be doing the Tour of Good Hope that week before the CTCT.... so I was also thinking of doing the CTCT for fun on my MTB (with my regular MTB tyres  :thumbup: ) just to see how fast I can go on my Mountie.

Anybody keen on doing a TT on a MTB from group 2H?

OK. I haven't gambled for years but I am also slowly feeling the effect of work/family and age creeping up, so I rolled the dice and amended my plane ticket, extended my accommodation and entered for the second lap. Reality is that I am gambling on the weather in CPT and that may just be the stupidest thing one can do. I hope that they wil give some leeway for the restart. I am likely to only make it at about 10:00. Maybe I am just pissing money away....

OK. I haven't gambled for years but I am also slowly feeling the effect of work/family and age creeping up, so I rolled the dice and amended my plane ticket, extended my accommodation and entered for the second lap. Reality is that I am gambling on the weather in CPT and that may just be the stupidest thing one can do. I hope that they wil give some leeway for the restart. I am likely to only make it at about 10:00. Maybe I am just pissing money away....

Like I posted earlier, there won't be any bouncers keeping you off the route after 10h00. Worst case scenario is that you will find the starting pens deserted and won't get an official time (which I am sure is not why you want to do the second lap)

Thee words that might help: Wheelsuck, wheelsuck, wheelsuck! :whistling:

will see you on the second lap man  - check out for me - will be riding a white bike with some red in and a black and grey helmet... :thumbup:

i only realised now there has been a regression in their vibe on this -   Jan 25th

Dear Floyd Landis

Thank you for your patience while we fixed the errors with the medical questionnaire link.

We have tested it across numerous service providers and the link is now working correctly.

Please click on this link https://medical.capetowncycletour.com/medicalmonitor/search.aspx by no later than 5pm, Friday 29 January 2016 to complete your medical questionnaire.

The completion of the questionnaire is compulsory and a condition of participation.

Regards

Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust Race Office

just got this

i'm not falling for it

Dear Meezo

The Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust, organisers of the iconic Cape Town Cycle Tour, and our medical partners, Mediclinic, pride ourselves in the world-class medical care we are able to offer all our participants on Race Day every year. This medical care is however very reliant on the information that you as a participant provide us with and which in turn makes it possible for us to put the appropriate plans and provisions in place.

For your own safety we therefore urge you to please take the time and complete the medical questionnaire accurately and as comprehensively as possible.

Please click on this link https://medical.cape...tor/search.aspx by no later than 5pm,Wednesday 24 February 2016 to complete your medical questionnaire.

Regards

Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust Race Office

is this worth the effort?

http://www.capetowncycletour.com/junior-tours/

0 – 6 Years

1.7km – R80

1.7km – 3-4 years – R80

1.7km – 5-6 years – R80

Co-pilot fee: 1 included in fee, R20 for every extra pilot

6 – 12 Years

2.5km – 6-12 years – R100

5km – 6-12 years – R100

7.5km – 6-12 years – R100

10km – 6-12 years – R100

Co-pilot fee: R50

Yes. the best gift you can give your kids. Possibly worth more than a CTCT experience

Archived