[Event] 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entered 8 Savages for the second lap :D Bring on the carbs!

Nice big budget your team has. Being one of the smaller Vet teams up here in joburg, when we hear what the budgets of the bigger teams are we are surprised at the big gap between budgets. And we actually got quite a few sponsors but just not the "big" names. Its rumoured that one of the bigger teams(joburg based) has a budget of around 750k for this year. Fair enough they field an almost full team in men's and ladies racing categories but that's still a decent budget.

Nice big budget your team has. Being one of the smaller Vet teams up here in joburg, when we hear what the budgets of the bigger teams are we are surprised at the big gap between budgets. And we actually got quite a few sponsors but just not the "big" names. Its rumoured that one of the bigger teams(joburg based) has a budget of around 750k for this year. Fair enough they field an almost full team in men's and ladies racing categories but that's still a decent budget.

Well being a privateer team this season means our budget comes out of our beer money. :P 

To those who might have wondered , the system for the allocation ( Lotto ) of getting into the Argus is not fool proof. There will always be someone who knows someone or knows how to get around set procedures for example people who entered and waited, like the majority of us, the normal way and got told that they did not make it and then you get someone a none cyclist who did not owned a bike until February 2016 never did any training and who decide in February 2016 he wants to do the Argus got in to do the Argus with a seeded number ????

Just saying

just got this

Dear Meezo

The Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust, organisers of the iconic Cape Town Cycle Tour, and our medical partners, Mediclinic, pride ourselves in the world-class medical care we are able to offer all our participants on Race Day every year. This medical care is however very reliant on the information that you as a participant provide us with and which in turn makes it possible for us to put the appropriate plans and provisions in place.

For your own safety we therefore urge you to please take the time and complete the medical questionnaire accurately and as comprehensively as possible.

Please click on this link https://medical.cape...tor/search.aspx by no later than 5pm, Wednesday 24 February 2016 to complete your medical questionnaire.

Regards

Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust Race Office

i'm not falling for it

What will happen if we don't?

To those who might have wondered , the system for the allocation ( Lotto ) of getting into the Argus is not fool proof. There will always be someone who knows someone or knows how to get around set procedures for example people who entered and waited, like the majority of us, the normal way and got told that they did not make it and then you get someone a none cyclist who did not owned a bike until February 2016 never did any training and who decide in February 2016 he wants to do the Argus got in to do the Argus with a seeded number ????

Just saying

Yes but the seasoned cyclist would have known if you waited till Jan-Feb you could pick up an entry for next to nothing and only pay the sub fee.. 

:D

Done.

It wasn't as onerous as I thought it would be.

They are pitching it as gathering info in the case of medical problems, but it's actually for research purposes for University of Pretoria

I just answered no to everything. Took me less than 5min.

i started doing it....took about 5 mins to get to about 3/20.

fhaaark that. cancel. same as a no really.

Here's one thing that I always wondered about. Why do they complicated things even further with a start card? You already have your number on you and a timing chip on your bike or yourself - they then add another thing that can get lost or cause problems?

Personally I would just go with a timing chip and race number.