PPA One Tonner

Sidmouth

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EEEIIINNAAAA!! ROUTE AMENDMENT: Due to the road works on the Suid-Agter Paarl road, the route has been changed to take cyclists down to the Klapmuts 4-way top and from there onto the R44.  This means that the total distance for the Craft PPA One Tonner is 170 km.  Please make sure that you carry enough water with you at all times.

EEEIIINNAAAA!! ROUTE AMENDMENT: Due to the road works on the Suid-Agter Paarl road, the route has been changed to take cyclists down to the Klapmuts 4-way top and from there onto the R44. This means that the total distance for the Craft PPA One Tonner is 170 km. Please make sure that you carry enough water with you at all times.

It was Eina before they added the 7 kms.

Gonna b harder than the DC. Tea breaks can afford riders to recoop more than 50%.

This is gonna b the tough one

Hmmmm if you manage to sit in the back of a bunch and do no work on front it's not as tough as DC regardless of stops. When you in a group of 6 hammering on your own at the dc there is no hiding and ducking wheel.

Also first time doing the race, do the guys do the norm and balls to the walls from the get go, or do they try keep a reasonable pace?

Also first time doing the race, do the guys do the norm and balls to the walls from the get go, or do they try keep a reasonable pace?

It's is Helshoogte after 500m so will have to put in a bit of effort, but I do not recommend going all out. If your start group is too aggressive rather drop out and catch the next group.

Just add another 30km's and 2 half-hour tea breaks and it will be just as hard as the DC  ^_^

was thinking the same thing. ZAR /km the one tonner can't be beat on value. Just needs tea breaks and a third umpire

I saw somewhere a list of which water points will have snacks, but for the life of me I   cannot find it now, neither can I actually find where the water points (km) will be

Anyone maybe have link, PPA not replied after a month

See was on last email sent:

Water will be available at all water points, while Coke, water and bananas/sweets will be available from alternate water points.

Hmmmm if you manage to sit in the back of a bunch and do no work on front it's not as tough as DC regardless of stops. When you in a group of 6 hammering on your own at the dc there is no hiding and ducking wheel.

I guess so yes but then u must hang on to your group. At least in DC you'll never loose ur group and fly solo into the south easter wind heading to the finish from malmesbury to stellies:O

I guess so yes but then u must hang on to your group. At least in DC you'll never loose ur group and fly solo into the south easter wind heading to the finish from malmesbury to stellies:O

If you are not in the top 6, its a long 20, 30, 40 50, 75km home :P

If you are not in the top 6, its a long 20, 30, 40 50, 75km home :P

That is part of the fun. I like riding long distances on my own, that is how I rode the Transkaroo and Cederberg 100 miler. If I make it past Hermon in my start group I'll be thankful, from there on it's time to go solo.

It's is Helshoogte after 500m so will have to put in a bit of effort, but I do not recommend going all out. If your start group is too aggressive rather drop out and catch the next group.

I disagree, go all out into the red zone if you have to - intensity drops after the climb and then it's an easy 80km or so in the bunch to recover before the next climb 

I have to agree with Skubarra, go into the red and stick with the strong guys in your group if you can as after the climb you will be able to recover until you get to Botmaskloof where again you would need to go into the red to try and stay with the group.

After that its pretty flat all the way except for the wind and the last climb on the R44.

I disagree, go all out into the red zone if you have to - intensity drops after the climb and then it's an easy 80km or so in the bunch to recover before the next climb 

I have to agree with Skubarra, go into the red and stick with the strong guys in your group if you can as after the climb you will be able to recover until you get to Botmaskloof where again you would need to go into the red to try and stay with the group.

After that its pretty flat all the way except for the wind and the last climb on the R44.

100%. One will go into the red in every race, that's a given. One simply needs to budget strategically when and how many of the limited matches to burn.

Guess it's just me then. I never go all out cause I might need it later on. It's like when you donate blood, never give 100%. 

Archived