Did not know they now carry pumps along with them.

Is it to pump their own wheels when they get flats, or for the sole purpose of beating delinquents? :whistling: :ph34r:

edit: They used to carry pumps in yesteryears, but Sagan is too young to have been part of that.

Maybe he means they throw high heeled shoes at each other....

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, very interesting

Bora are very ambitious.. it's fantastic to see[emoji122] [emoji122]

I must say I feel for RP. Nearly 2 mins down after 2 days.

Really bad luck for him, and I don't see he has any way of marking the big boys now. Unless they all have some really bad luck of course.

Lets be honest, Porte was going to have an off day once or twice this month. He just lost his 2 minutes at the start. 

Did not know they now carry pumps along with them. 

Is it to pump their own wheels when they get flats, or for the sole purpose of beating delinquents? :whistling:  :ph34r:

edit: They used to carry pumps in yesteryears, but Sagan is too young to have been part of that. 

Must be referring to asthma pumps. It's the only pump any self respecting modern day TDF rider still carries  :ph34r:

So as we enter day 3 of the Tour, I have heard the word "precarious" come out of Pauls' mouth 7 times.

post-6252-0-86251700-1467620413_thumb.gif

Bora are very ambitious.. it's fantastic to see[emoji122] [emoji122]

I know I've been repeating myself a bit about Sagan needing to be in a team with big strong Classics stars. Now this is a really positive development -- exactly what I'd been talking about. And an inspired signing from Bora if they pull it off.

As we know Tony Martin started his Classics career this year for the first time (better late than never), and one of his big contributions for Quick-Step was in Paris-Roubaix when he pulled Tommeke away from the Sagan group when they were held up by Spartacus' crash. He almost singlehandedly opened that gap, refusing to come off the front even when Tommeke suggested to him that he'd done enough work and he could chill a bit.

So now let's picture P-R 2017: Tony Martin doing big turns on the front for Sagan to open that same type of gap from his chasing rivals. Or Sagan punctures and Martin pulls him right back to the front again. Sagan arrives at the velodrome pretty fresh with all the main attacks neutralised by his big lieutenants. A relatively straightforward sprint from the final bend to finish it all off.

It would be interesting to see how effective TM is during a race like Flanders which is more like 30-odd interval sprints over 7 hours compared to the long sustained big-watt pulls they do in P-R.

So that's one key link in the chain added. Looking forward to seeing what others they're going to be adding in the coming weeks....

no man,  

this one.

Check he is even smiling

http://www.letour.fr/PHOTOS/TDF/2016/RIDERS/11.jpg

must be shopped.... the guy in this photo is at least 70 years old

Okay.. I have arrived at the guesthouse I will be staying at this week.. way out of town hardly any reception.. so I will be the nut walking around this place trying to live stream.. wonder if I can find a pub in Kroonstad that will show the cycling ????

must be shopped.... the guy in this photo is at least 70 years old

He will still beat me up a mountain pass with both legs tired to his top tube

Archived