So its Nairo vs Team Sky, and he is less than 3 minutes down going into stage 16, not too shabby for a lone wolf with no plan.

Just plain lucky, I would say.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time wise Mollema is closer to Froome at this point in the race than what Nairo has ever been (stage whatever we are on)

Shouldn't we all be asking what Mollema can still do and not what Nairo can do.?

Do you okes watching on SuperSport think that Marriott only made one advert for all three weeks of TdF?

This Marriott advert is driving me mal !!!!! :cursing:  

This Marriott chicky and her bloody razor are starting to get on my nerves now. Wax, dammit!

Any chance we get a new ad for week3?

maybe there's been feedback that okes got over it about 1400km ago.

I know Nairo Quintana has been less than exciting so far on the Tour, but have you guys seen what the last week of le Tour consists of? After Rest Day 2 there are 3 Mountain stages and a 17km Hilly ITT,  then a cruise into Paris.

Rest Day 2 - 19-07 (Bern)

Stage 17 - 20-07 (Bern (Swi) – Finhaut Emosson (Swi)) (Mountains) 184.5km

Stage 18 - 21-07 (Sallanches – Mégève) (Hilly ITT) 17km

Stage 19 - 22-07 (Albertville - Saint Gervais Mont Blanc) (Mountains) 146km

Stage 20 - 23-07 (Megève – Morzine) (Mountains) 146.5km

Stage 21 - 24-07 (Chantilly - Paris) (Flat) 113km

IMO there is every chance that NQ does know what he's doing and the last few days could change everything. Who knows?

I know Nairo Quintana has been less than exciting so far on the Tour, but have you guys seen what the last week of le Tour consists of? After Rest Day 2 there are 3 Mountain stages and a 17km Hilly ITT, then a cruise into Paris.

Rest Day 2 - 19-07 (Bern)

Stage 17 - 20-07 (Bern (Swi) – Finhaut Emosson (Swi)) (Mountains) 184.5km

Stage 18 - 21-07 (Sallanches – Mégève) (Hilly ITT) 17km

Stage 19 - 22-07 (Albertville - Saint Gervais Mont Blanc) (Mountains) 146km

Stage 20 - 23-07 (Megève – Morzine) (Mountains) 146.5km

Stage 21 - 24-07 (Chantilly - Paris) (Flat) 113km

IMO there is every chance that NQ does know what he's doing and the last few days could change everything. Who knows?

Time will tell.. he is normally stronger than Froome in the last week..

Anyone have an idea of what the weather looks like for this week?

Time wise Mollema is closer to Froome at this point in the race than what Nairo has ever been (stage whatever we are on)

Shouldn't we all be asking what Mollema can still do and not what Nairo can do.?

I think its overs....when you have domestiques that can put down the hammer the way skyborg does you are poeping against thunder.

I think a lot of people are asking when movistar / astana / trek will make their moves...fact is they cant...the tempo riding of sky hauls any move in...that self believe / marginal gain thing is pretty potent

Any chance we get a new ad for week3?

maybe there's been feedback that okes got over it about 1400km ago.

If de Broglio attorneys takes over, you'll be dying for her angry pout.

http://www.steephill.tv/2016/tour-de-france/photos/stage-15/173020_605453105.jpg

Pic of the DAY. Well deserved.

I think its overs....when you have domestiques that can put down the hammer the way skyborg does you are poeping against thunder.

I think a lot of people are asking when movistar / astana / trek will make their moves...fact is they cant...the tempo riding of sky doesnt hauls any move in...that self believe / marginal gain thing is pretty potent

Yates saying Poels was putting out +- 450 watts

Making attacking pretty close to impossible

Yates saying Poels was putting out +- 450 watts

Making attacking pretty close to impossible

ed zachery....and he did it for about 6 minutes plus if I remember correctly. Poep against thunder. Is it just me or is the GC race(which should be the most exciting part) the most boring...Maybe some guys like watching okes riding tempo...me not so much..

I think a lot of people are asking when movistar / astana / trek will make their moves...fact is they cant...the tempo riding of sky hauls any move in...that self believe / marginal gain thing is pretty potent

Ja more than likely it is over.. but I would love to see if Mollema can try test his legs.. I've been paying close attention to him and he has really impressed me.

Ja more than likely it is over.. but I would love to see if Mollema can try test his legs.. I've been paying close attention to him and he has really impressed me.

he has improved loads...real contender....but ja, unless ALL the teams do a tag team on ALL the climbs left I just cant see it happening....nobody wants to take one for the team...hence the skyborg dominance

he has improved loads...real contender....but ja, unless ALL the teams do a tag team on ALL the climbs left I just cant see it happening....nobody wants to take one for the team...hence the skyborg dominance

All this talk of Quintana waiting to 'pounce' and some or other major attack .... ek skud maar net my kop 

It's a loooong way to Paris and past many mountain beacons before the Champs Elysees

GO QUINTANAAAA

It's been a great TDF so far & I think we could be in for an exciting week 3!

With NQ not having done much to date, is it because he hasn't been able to or has he been holding back for the last 3 remaining mountain stages? I do think he will need to show his game plan on Wednesday, if indeed he has one...

I'm not completely discounting any other possible Froome threats, but I feel NQ is the only real threat this week. Right or wrong, I'm going enjoy watching events unfold!

Archived