• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fascinating the margins between winning and losing at the highest summit of the sport

Had to do the 'avoid the Hub' scenario til 8pm...eish.

Tony 'El Brute' Martin is a legend. That was ridiculous.

P-Saggy, too. #timingthelion

Ag, nee, vok, if Alaphilippe can share the red number, why haven't they given it to Quintana yet??

Story of every night for me, avoid facebook, avoid the hub.

Im really starting to enjoy Alaphillippe, he has got some character and he is going to be a damn good cyclist in the coming years.

Story of every night for me, avoid facebook, avoid the hub.

Im really starting to enjoy Alaphillippe, he has got some character and he is going to be a damn good cyclist in the coming years.

Ja, this whole week is like that, back to normal. Hate not being able to watch the full mountain stages but life is life! (Daddahdadadah)

Ja, this whole week is like that, back to normal. Hate not being able to watch the full mountain stages but life is life! (Daddahdadadah)

Yip me too.[emoji35]

Alaphilippe reminds me somewhat of Jens in his mindset. We need more of them.

The other lighty to watch for the future is the young Belgian, Tim Wellens.

That lad has a cast iron constitution (the tougher the conditions, the better he goes). And he seems to only know one way of racing - attacking way out front on his own. He'd rather come last after an all-out long range attack than come home in the front bunch sitting on someones wheel. He's really 'old school' in his attitude to racing.

Both these youngsters are nearly the same age and both are perfectly suited to the Ardennes Classics, so we'll be seeing them go head to head in the years to come. There should be some good battles there.

The Tour of Poland has just finished. The weather was absolutely atrocious (one stage had to be cancelled). On stage 5, the weather was so bad that nearly half the peloton (85 riders) abandoned. Didn't affect Tim in the slightest: he went on to win that stage out on his own, winning by nearly 4 minutes (read the story here). He went on to win the whole GC as well in the end.

post-22004-0-79932600-1468918939_thumb.jpg

Rest day

Aarrrrrgggghhhhh

I know.....usually someone has failed a dope test by now and there's a big press conference to keep the message boards going.

I know.....usually someone has failed a dope test by now and there's a big press conference to keep the message boards going.

No no... we are waiting for transfer news today...[emoji6]

57a34a6bf05e3b996408df2ede8a81bf.jpg

If he merely maintains that level of consistency he will walk away from the sport being spoken of in much the same way we speak of Merckx. As the greatest ever.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

57a34a6bf05e3b996408df2ede8a81bf.jpg

They should have added there how many days he has actually been in proper team kit. The commentators where saying the other day that since being with tinkoff you can count on one hand how many times he has actually raced on the road in proper tinkoff kit. Last year he was in Slovakia champ jersey and then world champ jersey.

They should have added there how many days he has actually been in proper team kit. The commentators where saying the other day that since being with tinkoff you can count on one hand how many times he has actually raced on the road in proper tinkoff kit. Last year he was in Slovakia champ jersey and then world champ jersey.

Ha ha ha ja.. very few.. well unless he successfully defends the world title he will be in team kit next (but not tinkoff kit[emoji12] ) year as his brother won the Slovak champs this year. What a mess up it will be to have to recognise him in other kit.. think he must just go win WC again..makes it easier.

Also just about every tour he enters he wears some sort of other jersey.

And nobody mentions the fact that our Maincheese was inviolved in the sprint yesterday. Infact, he was sitting on Froomey's wheel during the sprint  :whistling:

Archived