This is why a bike shouldn't be made from plastic! :whistling:

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Not a great marketing shot for Argon fietse....  :whistling:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading Richard Moore's Slaying the Badger, and the description of the Alpe D'Huez stage in 1986 sounds familiar;

Today Hinault’s arena, his boxing ring, would be one of the greatest in the Tour: Alpe d’Huez. This was the stage everyone had been looking forward to. It would be packed with fans from bottom to top, many of them French, most rooting for Hinault. It could be an intimidating place at the best of times. “People didn’t clear a path until the last second,” as Andy Hampsten, who, six years later, would win at the summit of the Alpe, said. “I felt like I was going at 60 kilometers an hour. The sensation of passing through such a narrow opening in the crowd was the most beautiful and emotional thing I’ve ever experienced in my life.” But the sheer number of spectators, their proximity to the riders, their overwhelming support for one rider over all others could make Alpe d’Huez seem like a hostile place, too. It was the greatest feature of this particular climb—its suitability as an arena for sporting battles, the 21 hairpin bends, snaking up the mountain, forming a natural amphitheater, a gladiator’s ring, on an epic scale. Then there was its place in Tour folklore, established since Fausto Coppi’s win there in 1952, the first time the Alpe had been used—indeed, the Tour’s first-ever summit finish. Coppi’s performance was full of panache, it was conclusive in winning him the Tour, and it meant the Tour “had discovered its Fenway Park, its Wimbledon, its stadium of reference … [its] modern temple,” according to the French writer Jean-Paul Vespini in his book The Tour Is Won on the Alpe. “The true secret of the Alpe’s success,” he added, “is that it is a climb that delivers a verdict—absolute, impartial, and final.”

I just looked now on their site to see who won. Its gone, Not even under the 2016 winners tab. Nothing, niks. Hmm.................

exactly what I did before posting my reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked now on their site to see who won. Its gone, Not even under the 2016 winners tab. Nothing, niks. Hmm.................

There I was thinking they might still call me

Not a great marketing shot for Argon fietse.... :whistling:

Well since The Sagz is joining them next year they'll be riding 'real' bikes in the form of Spaz bikes.

So an upgrade of sorts, but as a certain Belgian would tell us it's 'better to ride up grades than upgrades.' :whistling:

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Another snapshot of Archibald's Argon after his high-speed crash... :blink:

http://images.cyclingtips.com/content/uploads/2016/07/Kramon_TdF2016_st17_DSC7446-Version-21.jpg

His Argon is not broken! That is their new foldable model, for ease of transfer. It just clicks in again [emoji2]

His Argon is not broken! That is their new foldable model, for ease of transfer. It just clicks in again [emoji2]

Hehehehee ????

Pity about the breakup in live foitage, but Carlton Kirby got it spot on... Tom Boonen!

He left them for dead.. what a great sprint [emoji106]