“In relation with the suspects about the Vincenzo Nibali’s rear wheel rotation during his fall in today’s stage at Tour de France, the Astana Pro Team informs that during the three weeks of racing we have been subjected to the UCI checks daily, always resulting perfectly in order.

“The Astana Pro Team and Vincenzo Nibali reserve the right to take legal action in case someone will threaten the image of the Team or of the athlete.

What image?

Allegedly Nibali's wheel kept spinning when he crashed just behind Froom on last Friday's stage 19  http://road.cc/content/news/198494-vincenzo-nibali-motor-doping-accusations-lead-astana-threatening-legal-action

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what happened, I actually meant "What Team Image?"  They are hardly choir-boys as it is.

True story, everything I hear about them I automatically assume is true. Numerous failed doping tests has made it that way.

But I could never imagine Nibs doing motor doping, he would never do anything like hang on to a team car in the Vuelta or any other kind of stupid stuff.

Edited by Rocket-Boy

Waiting for results on blood- and urine tests.

Seen some motor-doping rumors on FB that Nbali's seat tube got snapped glowing on the thermal camera.

Apparently ASTANA's lawyers are all over it.

78397e9424984516808d96e135ada67b.jpg

Is the total elevation gain for the entire Tour known?

Analytics galore but lacking some critical info.

Edited by geraldm24

Waiting for results on blood- and urine tests.

Seen some motor-doping rumors on FB that Nbali's seat tube got snapped glowing on the thermal camera.

Apparently ASTANA's lawyers are all over it.

78397e9424984516808d96e135ada67b.jpg

I would not trust the UCI to bust high profile riders for anything. Imo they hammer low profile cheats, and cover up high profile cases - perhaps a slap on the wrist behind the scenes and a fine. If they were serious about punishing dopers, they would not have allowed Astana to race this year.

I would not trust the UCI to bust high profile riders for anything. Imo they hammer low profile cheats, and cover up high profile cases - perhaps a slap on the wrist behind the scenes and a fine. If they were serious about punishing dopers, they would not have allowed Astana to race this year.

**Comic Sans font on**

Maybe the UCI is scared this may happen:

If they were serious about punishing dopers, they wouldn't have anyone riding this year.

**Comic Sans font off**

On a serious note - who knows what they are up to. Maybe they want the riders to appear clean, so it takes the spotlight away from them.

Love this moment

PIC FROM BRAKETHROUGHMEDIA

http://images.cyclingtips.com/content/uploads/2016/07/20160703_%C2%A9BrakeThrough-Media_A10O0537.jpg

http://images.cyclingtips.com/content/uploads/2016/07/20160703_%C2%A9BrakeThrough-Media_A10O0537.jpg

Edited by Puncheur