Cape Epic 2016 Group

Acerunner

My Epic partner has had to pull out, I am looking to finish and not race the Epic. If you are interested please pm me, you will need to pay your own way.

That. Sucks. Sorry dude.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Epic partner has had to pull out, I am looking to finish and not race the Epic. If you are interested please pm me, you will need to pay your own way.

A mate of mine had the same issue - perhaps you can hook up - pm me an email add and I will put you in touch.

Oh no!!! Sorry Luke!!!

A mate of mine had the same issue - perhaps you can hook up - pm me an email add and I will put you in touch.

Is the entry still available?

A few more questions, please.

What weather / temperatures can be expected? I know this is a hit or miss, but a basic idea, please.

Recommended spares to carry on the stages.

Recommended spares at race village.

A few more questions, please.

What weather / temperatures can be expected? I know this is a hit or miss, but a basic idea, please.

Recommended spares to carry on the stages.

Recommended spares at race village.

Weather in the Cape can vary a lot. Be prepared for rain, wind and extreme heat, up to 40 degrees. It can be cold if it rains. It really can be anything with the most likely scenario it being very hot.

Spares on the bike, quick link to fix a chain, tube and bombs. You absolutely need to ride tubeless.

Spares are freely available in the race village. My recommendation is to take a service package. You don't want to have to run around for repairs after a stage. Your mechanical team will take care of that. You pay them a fee and then pay for spares that they need. Rather concentrate on recovery.

This might seem a bit of an odd question, BUT, any suggestions on shoes? I'm led to believe that walking on rough terrain is kinda a "must" during this "fun ride". :eek:  I'm currently riding with Specialized Comp's, but wondering if there is something more foot friendly out there?

This might seem a bit of an odd question, BUT, any suggestions on shoes? I'm led to believe that walking on rough terrain is kinda a "must" during this "fun ride". :eek:  I'm currently riding with Specialized Comp's, but wondering if there is something more foot friendly out there?

Sidi Epic Edition, without a doubt!

HI all

Can anyone help. Looking for an extra Supporters Arm band. If anyone has or knows of someone who has bought but is not using, please contact me urgently.

082 33 22 555

thanks 

Sidi Epic Edition, without a doubt!

Had to laugh, there stock is only due in 2-3 months. How does their sizing compare with a normal shoe? They don't have half sizes and my feet are slightly wider than a ballerina's feet!!

Had to laugh, there stock is only due in 2-3 months. How does their sizing compare with a normal shoe? They don't have half sizes and my feet are slightly wider than a ballerina's feet!!

My feet are also wider, and it fits fine

This might seem a bit of an odd question, BUT, any suggestions on shoes? I'm led to believe that walking on rough terrain is kinda a "must" during this "fun ride". :eek:  I'm currently riding with Specialized Comp's, but wondering if there is something more foot friendly out there

I know this depends on rider ability / fitness, but was there a lot of walking on previous Epic's?

I know this depends on rider ability / fitness, but was there a lot of walking on previous Epic's?

A lot of walking involved, id say, prepare to walk a lot, if we dont this year, then we lucky!