The I-Team

tombeej

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has been opened for the people who'll be hopping on the I-Train at the 94.7 Cycle Challenge.

A place to discuss all the tactics & techniques needed for bunch riding so that we can help each other reach our target times, our plans for how we're going to get together on the day, race together and have some fun along the way.

The main 'I' batch is getting pretty big now, but the riders who've said they're joining the actual I-Team are as follows:

1. BarefootDave

2. Basil Brush

3. bmw1za

4. bored_girl

5. BouncingBrain

6. Cadre

7. & 8. Carpet +1

9. CASSIE1975

10. Diggers

11. Dirt De Vil

12. doeffels

13 & 14. Cav +1

15. clivem

16. Craig 26

17. & 18. Fat Boab +1

19. eddyr
20. Firozfx

21. HappyMartin

22. hayleyearth

23. Lurch

24. monkey on a bianchi

25. morne1600

26. Patchelicious

27. Prince

28. Rob K

29. Rob Mortimer

30. Ryan's dad

31. Sandro

32. & 33. shaper +1

34. ScottC-M

35. StevieL

36. tombeej

37. wernerhp

38. Zaskar

Hi tombeej, please add me to the list aswell. Hope you feel better tomorrow!!

Is there room for one more on the I-Train?

Hi Josh@89 - in case your request fell through the cracks, consider yourself on the team! I'm sure you've been keeping upto date on meeting arrangements, cable-tie on the helmet etc etc?

See you Sunday!

See you guys Sunday!

there you go.....  :P  :lol:

Maybe that was bored_girl's not so subtle way of saying she wants to be the only woman in I Team come Sunday..? haha :P

there you go.....  :P  :lol:

Are you riding??

Echo on Escapee's chirp! Hope a bunch of you will take pics before, during (with a gopro) and after!

(Would be awesome if Sheriff or one of the big guns at the front put a go pro under the seat facing backwards, so we could get some quality pics of the vibe from that angle! Tom if you're driving up, drive safe dude and put a camera on your pip so we can see some shots from the back ekse!)

I-Team, smash some PBs while having a jol to the power of rad!

Edited by Tubehunter

Name                                     947 (2014)                            PB                    

BarefootDave
Basil Brush                            3.27                             Emperors 2:58
bmw1za
bored_girl
BouncingBrain                                                          Shova 3:19
Cadre                                      3:28                           TD 3:17
Carpet
CASSIE1975
Diggers
Dirt De Vil
doeffels
Cav
doeffels
Craig 26
Fat Boab                                 03:40                        Satellite Classic (80km) 02:50.
eddyr
Firozfx                                3:33                          R4V 3:07
HappyMartin                                                              Shova 3:11
Lurch                                  3:35                        Capital Classic 2015 3:31
monkey on a bianchi            3:12                       R4V 3:14
morne1600
Patchelicious
Prince                                        DNS                          2:38  94.7 - 2008
Rob K                                        3:14
Rob Mortimer
Ryan's dad.                        3:28.                          2:57
Sandro                                     3:25
shaper
ScottC-M                            3:40                       TD  3:07
StevieL                                     3:15                            TD 2:46
tombeej                                    2:58                            TD 2:39
wernerhp                                  3:40

Wez-O
Zaskar

Ride singlespeed, less mechanicals.

I think the I team will do well. Even the guys and girls that can't keep up to the pace for the whole route will still do well as long as they regroup with riders that dropped earlier than them. The key is to work together and if the riders that dropped can regroup in bunches of 3-4 at least, they will have enough people to share the work load to keep a constant pace for the remainder of the race and won't lose to much time over the main bunch.

My rear shifter broke as we headed into town last year. I lost a lot of time standing next to the road trying to shift my chain up to the middle of the cassette so that I can just use my front chainrings but it didn't work well. From there on it was a slow grind to the finish but I still managed a 3h05min.