The I-Team

tombeej

Re SBR. It would make a great get-fit or die-trying route, but is there enough scope for I-Team training ie pacelines etc? Or would that take place on the run to/from SBR?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re SBR. It would make a great get-fit or die-trying route, but is there enough scope for I-Team training ie pacelines etc? Or would that take place on the run to/from SBR?

Run to and from SBR I think.

Hard to do a paceline at SBR when you are bleeding from the eyes  :thumbup:

WRT the split times..

They were not far off.

For me, the split times need to be faster upto the M1. (Around 7mins)

Considering Monkey on a bianchi was 4 to 5 mins ahead of me at that stage. And 1 min faster on the last 20km strava segment.

Meaning he was 5 or 6 mins faster than me in total. And he missed it by 2mins. I missed it by 7 mins.

Guys please forgive if i don't remember your name, I really suck at names, almost forgot my wifes on our wedding day :whistling:

attachicon.gifpost-63215-0-51368500-1447654172.jpg

From Left to Right:

BMW, Sorry ??, Patchman in the Black and white, Fat Boab, Yours truly with the strapped up knees, the One and only Sheriff, Cadre, Mrs/Miss Carpet, Dirt De Vil, Lurch, Shaper, Dom, Bouncing Brain, Monkey on a bianchi

Second from the left ( Ryan's dad)

post-46817-0-54448000-1447848774_thumb.jpg

From Left to Right:
BMW, Ryan's Dad, Patch, Fat Boab, Yours truly with the strapped up knees, the One and only Sheriff, Cadre, Mrs/Miss Carpet, Dirt De Vil, Lurch the stalker, Shaper, Dom, Bouncing Brain, Monkey on a bianchi

From Left to Right:

BMW, Ryan's Dad, Patch, Fat Boab, Yours truly with the strapped up knees, the One and only Sheriff, Cadre, Mrs/Miss Carpet, Dirt De Vil, Lurch the stalker, Shaper, Dom, Bouncing Brain, Monkey on a bianchi

Ah damn, I wanted to take a selfie with Wes-o but I was worried he would have thought I was a stalker or weirdo or something... then we could have done a few of those 'inserts' haha

Ah damn, I wanted to take a selfie with Wes-o but I was worried he would have thought I was a stalker or weirdo or something... then we could have done a few of those 'inserts' haha

More importantly if you met us like was pre arranged you could have been next to Patch in the photo for all eternity :whistling:

PS: Patch and BWM, looks like you about to box each other.......

Edited by ScottC-M

From Left to Right:

Who took the picha?

Lurch's sister....

Did she not rate Patches' behind enough to warrant taking a photo?

Edit: The photo is NOT for me, I'm asking for a friend  :ph34r:

Edited by StevieL

Seemingly only in the eyes of the butt-holder.....?

More importantly if you met us like was pre arranged you could have been next to Patch in the photo for all eternity :whistling:

PS: Patch and BWM, looks like you about to box each other.......

He parked in my place... Angry faces Grrrrrr

post-63215-0-51368500-1447654172.jpg

From Left to Right:

That is not strapping.........it's GT stripes to make you faster...........everyone knows that stripes is thathing.......ask any okey from Benoni.

That is not strapping.........it's GT stripes to make you faster...........everyone knows that stripes is thathing.......ask any okey from Benoni.

well then i'm striping everything from now on, including my stripes are getting more striping  :thumbup:

Did anyone use the split time calculator?

Did it help, and more importantly... can it be improved?

I planned our ride on the 3:00 time, and we ended between 2:48 and 2:53. I also used the virtual partner on my Garmin, and while it showed we were behind for a large part of the ride, I kept faith with the data and it seems to have worked out well. My time was 2:49 (ride time) vs Racetec's 2:50 (took us 1:14 to cross the start).

Below is the comparison between the original 2:50 time I posted before and our small group's time.

attachicon.gifSplit time calc.PNG

Thanks, I used your calculator to set a 2:55:00 target, but only memorized a few of the key points like M1, Wilds, Witkoppen etc and was also initially behind, then went ahead and managed to hold on to most of the gains and it would seem pretty darn realistic. Thanks again. Some more data points for you if they help with your model. I also started in D and started my Garmin with the gun.

3.8 km 0:10:26

9.7 km 0:21:10

13.2 km 0:25:55

19.4 km 0:34:54

24.2 km 0:45:12

36.9 km 1:07:10

39.2 km 1:15:21

47.3 km 1:28:31

52 km 1:35:41

56.7 km 1:43:01

60.4 km 1:48:22

69.9 km 2:03:37 (got passed by your GW train, should have hooked on)

74.8 km 2:14:27

80.1 km 2:25:35

83.4 km 2:30:06

87.2 km 2:37:25

91.2 km 2:47:07

Finish 2:52:50 (93.4 km, official time 2:52:55)

For the 947 20km to go Strava segment I rode 0:40:04 (up from 48:59 last year where I rode a 3:29)

Edited by ClydeB1

Edit: The photo is NOT for me, I'm asking for a friend  :ph34r:

Tell the friend who will not be named that I have photos of the back of Patch for sale... ;) ;p