The I-Team

tombeej

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And that what makes them a 'must do' on the calendar.

For the Tour Durban, the road surfaces are almost all brand new - super smooth, beautiful.

It's in April, the best time of year in DBN - sunny beach weather, hardly any wind.

Finish the race on the beachfront, put the bike down and run straight into the sea :). And everyone else is nipping in wintery Joeys.

But best of all, once you're done with the big M7 climb, it's all fast and flat from there - pace line perfection :).

How to pack a bike and a board on the plane.... MMmmmm

How to pack a bike and a board on the plane.... MMmmmm

Just your bike. You can rent your board on the beach :)

For the Tour Durban, the road surfaces are almost all brand new - super smooth, beautiful.

It's in April, the best time of year in DBN - sunny beach weather, hardly any wind.

Love, love, love Tour Durban...

Just your bike. You can rent your board on the beach :)

Nah bru! Can't leave my stick behind. Nothing selfie about that piece of art! She's my golden sled of treasured pleasure man!

But, thinking out loud, my shaper does live in Durban... Could this be cunning??? :devil:

I will change the first post on this thread - make it a sort of I-Team Manifesto - to list what the I-Team stands for, what it's goals are, etc.

I've got some ideas about this already, but I'd like to hear from you lot as well. 

So what do you guys expect to get out of this project? What will make it succeed, and what will cause it to fail?

Think the I team concept appealed to me for the following reasons:

• I almost never cycle in groups;
  • Being new to road riding I found the opportunity to ride with others and learn the necessary skills as a challenge
  • Would like to improve my cycling over all - pretty sure having others help you and give advice is the best way

Being in Pretoria means getting to Joburg for a bike is not going to be easy so if there are any Pretoria I team members let me know if you would like to set up something closer to home?

• Being new to road riding I found the opportunity to ride with others and learn the necessary skills as a challenge
  • Would like to improve my cycling over all - pretty sure having others help you and give advice is the best way

Being in Pretoria means getting to Joburg for a bike is not going to be easy so if there are any Pretoria I team members let me know if you would like to set up something closer to home?

another Pretorianer here :clap:

Edited by Meerkat82

sounds like a plan to me, and after that we can start the I Team triathlon group ;)

Already doing, East London 24 Jan for your diaries  :whistling:

Ha Ha, like your style. After the 5150 in the beginning of the month I have pencilled my next TRI in already. It won't be EL or PE in 2016 though. In August got to take the wife on a honeymoon first before any major funds get spend on my sport again. Depending on Durban's date I might do that 70.3 else it will be EL in 2017.

So I leave EL 2016 up to you tow masters..

Ha Ha, like your style. After the 5150 in the beginning of the month I have pencilled my next TRI in already. It won't be EL or PE in 2016 though. In August got to take the wife on a honeymoon first before any major funds get spend on my sport again. Depending on Durban's date I might do that 70.3 else it will be EL in 2017.

So I leave EL 2016 up to you tow masters..

Durbs still to be announced but will be beginning of August... so you can pencil it in  :ph34r:

another Pretorianer here :clap:

I'm in Midrand.

I did post a couple pages back, but it got lost in the *** talk, that I might ride from this side to meet up with Stevie and Hayley in the Cradle if anyone else wants to come ;)

Believe me, you don't. Joining the team is a state of mind. Staying with them is another thing entirely, but that's how you get 'better' I suppose! :thumbup:

believe me, I do. My current index is 51 from the Shova... improved from 100+ which I had earlier this year.

So to ride with the I-Team, I have to get better at this. My riding has improved, just need to do a few events. Missed out on the 947 cos of my broken collarbone... but next year isn't far away so will get my a$$ into gear and drive to Jhb more frequently if I have to.

Come join monkey on a bianchi and I, we can start an I Team for marathons too :whistling:

After doing my first Amashova this year I am convinced that people that run that route is just plain BONKERS.

It hurts when I have to run uphill. It hurts even more when I have to run downhill and that is all the Comrades route consists off. There is no way I'm going to expose myself to 9h (if I'm lucky) of that torture.

I have huge respect for anyone running the Comrades Marathon. 

believe me, I do. My current index is 51 from the Shova... improved from 100+ which I had earlier this year.

So to ride with the I-Team, I have to get better at this. My riding has improved, just need to do a few events. Missed out on the 947 cos of my broken collarbone... but next year isn't far away so will get my a$$ into gear and drive to Jhb more frequently if I have to.

I'm sure you know your own mind, so good luck with the carrot of joining the Team, and with the recovery from your c-bone.

PS how does one source one's index?